Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Lol, I agree with you Abdul. I did another practice race today, 10 laps, 9 racers and 4 of us finish, with 3 on the lead lap. I collected 6 inc all from dropping a wheel off, never damaged the car. My right front tire was down to 55%, that would have been a problem with another 5 laps.

Thanks for posting your setup William. I've been going back and forth from the Silverstone fixed setup to the setup that I got from the iRacing forums and posted here from one of the experienced Vette drivers and its just waaay too oversteery for me. Finally after all the 1x's I put in my fastest clean lap of 2:16.477 with William's stable setup. Still 3 secs off those fast guys that Dario posted in the link. Don't see that happening anytime soon! lol :)

Is it just me or is that final chicane really slippery in the Vette? :confused:

Yeah the final chicane is very tetchy and a bit of a lottery as to if you will make it or not, i find my self having to brake very early for it and having to shift down to 1st when really it should be a 2nd gear chicane right? But the one that's getting me more is Bruxelles, i just can't seem to get in on the apex quick enough and am struggling to feel the brakes on entry and sort of feel the car weight just pushing me wider and wider mid corner. I'm sure i will get it by next week though but the combo is awesome.

I lose the most time in the chicane, it's like the car is on marbles. T1 I can hit about 70% of the time and that usually determinds how I get through Eau Rouge. My danger zones for running wide are T7, T9, T10, & T15. I'm glad the setup helped Will, grid size is looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes