Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

perhaps next time registration end can be something like 10 min b4 the qualy?

had a great time guys, qualified 8th finished second 14 seconds behind William, grats again William :trophy:

lots of of-road driving by faster guys on this track :thanks:

thx Will & RD for seting up event :thanks:

Congrats on the win William! Thanks again for everyone supporting this RD club event. :)

As for my race, had decent pace to keep up with the leaders but just waaaay too many mistakes for me. Spun out at least 3-4 times as I was too harsh on the heel and toe here under braking lol. Fell back to last, made my way back up the grid to midpack and was closing down on Joe in the final laps but again a spin out cost me a chance to catch him. Fun stuff again guys!!!

Not sure about a club event after Christmas but the next one will most likely be after New Year's. Absolutely love this car, but with SPA coming out this week, thinking about a GT or F1/SPA club event. But will keep you all posted.

perhaps next time registration end can be something like 10 min b4 the qualy?

So would you guys recommend instead of getting open practice and official practice mixed up, as it truly is just one long practice. Maybe post start time of the the event as 7pm GMT with a 1hr 30mins official practice. Then quali (registration end) at 830pm GMT, followed by the race.

How would this work out for you guys? Doing this for fellow RDers to get together and race, so any feedback to help make it all run smoother would be great :)

I had a blast racing with you all. Once I broke to hard trying not to hit Dario and spun it was just a downhill catchup for me..lol... I have to run to the store but once I get back I'll get to work on the pictorial of the race that I said I would do.

Thanks again for hosting this, had a great time!!!

Joe

Great race! I had a ton of fun, The times in practice were pretty close for the top six spots. I qualified 2nd on grid behind Daz and felt pretty good about my race pace. I got a really good jump off the line and took 1st before t1 and immediately tried to pull a gap. I had one off on lap one but didn"t make any other mistakes after that, and that proved to be the deciding factor. Good race everyone.

I would personnnaly prefer if you stick with the MX5 as I dont have the $$ to buy other cars... If it's just a new track I dont own, I might buy it... Not even really sure of it though.
Sucks to be broke lol
After we had finished at Summit Point I joined a hosted session for the MX-5 @ Road Atlanta. What a blast that was. The car is an absolute blast on any track I've tried it on so far. I reckon as long as the circuits are not overly long, this car would fit the bill.

RDGT1SPAClubEventcopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com C6R @ SPA
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits
Class: Chevrolet Corvette C6R

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - 15 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 39
Fast tows - 2

Entry List:

1. Will Marquez
  2. Lee Ross
  3. Simon Trendell
  4. James Yates
  5. William Nowell
  6. Corrado Conti
  7. Dario Jagar
  8. David Dominquez