Old GTR Evo modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, huh?

Oh well, it was worth a shot. The cars are fun to drive, but the de-fogger lines are very annoying. I've moved on to a McLaren F1 GTR/LM mod. Those are a blast to drive, and easy to skin.

Downloads: A new file has been added by Günthar Rowe:

True2Life-Racing 2011 Formula Ford Series

Welcome to the True2Life-Racing 2011 Formula Ford Series v1.10 Public Release!!

Formula Ford runs a number of different chassis and this mod runs a blend of those various chassis.

-#-#-#-#-#-

Installation:
- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

-#-#-#-#-#-

This Mod wouldn't have been possible without:

- Günthar Rowe - Idea, Physics, Modelling, Templates, Textures
- Kenny Press - 2011 UK Teams and some Fantasy Teams
- ESP - Classic F1 Team Liveries
- Beta Testers - FuNK!, Mike Coleman, Ross McGregor, Rupe Wilson, Rhys Gardiner
- RaceDepartment.com & Bram Hengeveld
- Weissbierbude.de & Hubschrauber
- True2Life-Racing.com
- Simbin (of course)
- Ford, all the Formula Ford organisations, their teams and drivers
- You, the Sim Racing Community!

-#-#-#-#-#- Changelog -#-#-#-#-#-

v1.10 Public Release

- initial public release

Enjoy and please feel free to join the chat at http://www.racedepartment.com/true2life-racing/ and say hi etc.

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe

Once again Gunthar, you have out done yourself, you have a great team, thanks for letting me test. Now its time to drive these things, i feel a RD event on the horizon. Ive already got it on my D/S:letsgoracing:

Might just be me, but I feel underwhelmed about this. The cars look too square (although there maybe not much you can do about that), and they just seem a slower and alot more understeerey version of the Formula BMW's, plus the skins are boring, some of the F-Fords from the UK have a few more sponsors on, however, I realise without hi-res close up photos, getting the skins 100% accurate is always going to be tricky, and is purely cosmetic.

Going back to the driving, I was expecting something a bit more go kart like, bit more skittish and fun, as they look like they are like that from watching them, but these just seem slow and unresponsive to me.

Sorry Gunthar, your mods are usually great but I feel this is not worth the wait. Do you want me to try and get some research on how the real things drive?

i think some of the skins are messed up. check the dds files, (edit) my skins are messed up, reinstall did the trick...

Specifications
Formula Ford racing cars are designed to comply with a strict set of rules which are revised annually. The rules for Formula Ford racing cars ensure that costs are limited and that driver skill becomes the major factor in achieving success.
For technical regulations, please click here
Chassis:
Tubular space frame (exotic materials prohibited) construction confined to maximum dimension. Constructors aim to maximise torsional rigidity and minimize weight while maintaining the highest level of driver safety.
Engine:
technical_chasis_engine.jpg
1600cc, 100ps DOHC four-cylinder Ford Fiesta engine, sealed on cylinder head and front and rear crankshaft seal covers.

Developing 81kW the engine is tuned to develop 125 bhp at 7,000rpm. All components and measurements are specified and the Formula benefits from the worldwide parts support provided by the Ford Motor Company.
Steering:
Rack and pinion
Suspension:
Front & Rear - pushrod activated dual damper system. Full racing car suspension designs are required to ensure maximum tyre grip at various cornering speeds. Chassis balance is adjustable and controlled by damper, spring and anti-roll bar combinations.
Brakes:
Four-wheel disc brakes have independent front and rear activation. Front/rear bias is adjustable.
Gearbox:
Limited to 4 forward and 1 reverse gear. Ratios can be changed to suit various circuits and conditions.
Fuel tank:
41-litre
Tyres:
Front & rear - 5.5 in Avon (ACB10) tyres. A grooved Avon racing tyre is chosen for optimum grip under all weather conditions. The Avon tyre and compound are specified, ensuring an economical wear rate.
Aerodynamic Devices:
Not allowed. Down force is limited to the combination of chassis design/set-up and tyre grip, together with the natural forces of gravity.
Weight:
495kg with driver
Top speed:
250 km/h (approx)
Driver Protection
Side protection structures (sidepods) constructed from materials designed to crumple on impact and reduce the risk of driver injury in a side collision were introduced to the category in 1997.

The size of the cockpit opening has been increased to allow for the quick exit of the vehicle in an emergency.

On-board fire extinguishing systems, roll-over hoops and additional protection around the drivers' legs provide increased driver protection.

and with no wings they will be different to the bmw, understeer and oversteer will be much more noticable. And there seems to be many models over the years http://www.ff1600.org.au/gallery/gallery/2004-championship-gallery.html

Brilliant mod, thanks so much! This car you must drive, no wings makes it's not too easy to handle...very good and challenging mod, feels good! Excellent cockpit textures! 5 stars :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Many:thanks: Gunthar, I was sure that was Formula Ford you were preparing !
Formula Ford was at the time the nearly obliged passage for beginning Formula drivers to enter the higher formula's ...

Superb job :doublethumb:

I guess you know which car I drove first :roflol:. Thanks Kenny for this nice surprise ! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back