Old GTR Evo modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by Mario Pinto:

Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8

----------MERCEDES 300 SEL 6.8 for GTR Evolution by mariopinto----------

------------------------------------version 1.0---------------------------------------

Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 mod for GTR Evolution. This is a conversion of
DonPanoz mod for GT Legends.
The cars are in the Retro Max Class and feature all the versions
present in GT Legends. I included the Retro Max buttons so that people
who don't have that expansion pack won't have a blank button.
full working car, including animated wipers, cockpit dials, etc.

classID=49 (Retro Max)

ModelID=251

CREDITS

DonPanoz and his team for this extraordinary car for GT Legends.

Mercedes 300 SL 6.8 for GTL modding Team:

- Bent : 3D modell
- Citytea : sounds, textures and automatic gearing
- Cooky : Cockpit 3D and textures
- Hasi : Wheels and several parts
- MentalGear : Physics
(refer to GTL readme for more detailled info)

Simbin for some 3D, textures and this wonderfull game.

INSTALATION

- You know the drill, extract into a temporary folder and copy GameData
and UiData folders into game directory. This mod don't overwrite any
original game file. Templates are included in the download.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Partially the real cars were driven with automatic-transmission. We have
realised this possibility at the streetcar #109 as an option. Who knows a
little about the .car-file at the Teams-folder, just simply set the first
line "include=..\MERCEDES_300SEL_4G-AT.inccar //MERCEDES_300SEL_4G-AUTO.
inccar" to this "include=..\MERCEDES_300SEL_4G-AUTO.inccar". Backup the
file first to be able to reverse. Then you´re able to drive the car with
a 4-gear-automatic-transmission. Even if you do not use the automatic
gearing in Evo but prefer to switch gears by hand without lifting the
throttle, you will experience the smooth transitions, that only are
offered by an automatic-transmission. This option is only recommended for
driving the car by yourself, the AI is unable to drive with it. A car
driven by AI at a race would not start away from the grid. The possibly
reason are the delay-times and gearing with a time of 0.0. If they would
be 0.1, the AI should work, although the impression of a continuous sound
and changing of the gears would be destroyed by this parameters.

Have fun!

Mario Pinto

Hello !

Thanks a lot Pat and Andreas for this mod ! I didn't have a lot of time to test the mod (just a short race on a german track) but it was really a pleasure to use it ! There's a big choice of liveries, and they are all very close of the real ones ! It's not just a big technical work, it's also a nice historical work.
I'm really happy to reproduce virtually the best STW season of my favorite driver !

thank you very much for the update - the chrysler looks very good and it`s fun to beat FLASH in his Volvo or Eckblom in the Quattro with the Stratos ;)

Just one question left: Are you planning to "built" the 1999 Honda Accord model, which raced in the ST-Championships all over europe from 1999 till the end of this era? But also with the "old" model - your mod is just great!

2658982731_e1be7a6379.jpg

Anoher problem stuck up it's ugly head. It happens if and when you are running in the rain. Being a fair wx racer it never happen to me, but there is something about that secfx.tec file that causes the water droplets on the windshield to white out, not just in pikes peak but in other track also. My solution was just to take out that file altogether and let it go to the default file I didn't notice any problems w/ doing that, except running in the rain the first time I did the climb I lost track of the number of 360* spin outs even w/ the most radical wet tire think I'll stick to sunny race days. The AIW problem for time attacks is going to take a little more time but keni1 assures me that there is a solution but it will take time. It's nice to have someone that you can rely on that knows what they are doing and pullling my fat out of fire

Hello

My name is Manu68. I have created this track in 2005 with Jackseller (french GPL league F1legends), in memory of our Freind Jops who died suddenly. He was only 40 years old.
The track was first created for GPL, and after I have made a conversion for Rfactor , GTR2 and GTL with Neel Jani .

I am very happy to see that this track keep on existing for other simulation, and that you have pleasure to race on it.
Thanks a lot . It helps to keep the memory of my friend jops intact.

Enjoy !
Emmanuel

is it me or is this mod conflicting with itself using the same Model ID. ive taken out every mod i have but this one and only the road version works. the heg, blower nor the auto works if there all turned on

"Before, make you sure you have delete the old "Portimao" folder, otherwise you should have a problem to play"
I dont see a Portimao folder in my locations. But the folder generated by the unzipping of the download is named Algarve, I do have that so I overwrote it. Hope thats right. I guess I'll know in a few eh?

yes, it is included, but there is no driver using it included, so it's there for the stw mods. You have to delete the "ALBTCC98" and "AL SUPER TOURING 90" folders before installing the new version. Baika will make a new version of his mods that is compatible with the new version. So you can wait for it or place the stw 98 and 99 teams manually in the right folders.

Hello

My name is Manu68. I have created this track in 2005 with Jackseller (french GPL league F1legends), in memory of our Freind Jops who died suddenly. He was only 40 years old.
The track was first created for GPL, and after I have made a conversion for Rfactor , GTR2 and GTL with Neel Jani .

I am very happy to see that this track keep on existing for other simulation, and that you have pleasure to race on it.
Thanks a lot . It helps to keep the memory of my friend jops intact.

Enjoy !
Emmanuel

Sorry to hear about your friend jops :) You did a wonderful job for him...I'm sure he would have loved it, just like we all do :)

Many thanks...
Swifty :)

Much better and much more visible ! Thanks

A pity that small central hud is not possible like in GTR2, easier to look in front of you than to have a frequent glimpse totally at the right of the screen. :frown:It would surely be easier in hood view ... for cockpit view, you often have it in the car itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%