Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Status
Not open for further replies.
forza4_3.jpgName: Forza 4
Release Date: TBA 2011
Exclusively on: Xbox 360 / Kinect
Publisher: Microsoft
Developer: Turn 10 Studios

“Welcome to the future of racing.” The words from Turn 10 Studios creative director Dan Greenwalt, as he ended his presentation for Forza 4, using Microsoft Kinect to entice gamers that Microsoft’s latest gadget would be the way to go for all future racing simulation games.
The game itself showcased two modes. One, is racing mode, the other, was being able to get inside the chosen car, looking around and pressing all those wonderful buttons that you never thought you’d be able to press inside a sports car. The E3 video shows this mode, and looks utterly breathtaking, although it could get kind of boring over time.
This does not shy away from the graphics, which are superb. You never thought you would even touch a Ferrari in your life-time, but you come very close from getting almost the same experience from your living room.
One thing that might let gamers, and racing simulation fans down is that you don’t need to worry about braking or acceleration, but only the steering. The aim of the mode shown, was to pass as many cars as possible in a row before you run out of time.
Overall I think it looks great but I cant really see what Turn10 can add to the series apart from updated cars but im sure they will think of something. Kinect will surely also act as a head tracker if not for steering.
forza4_2.jpg

Videos below of Racing and Walk Around mode;

Racing/Overtaking
;
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...t_forza4_061510.html;jsessionid=34kgilme6n7ae

Walk Around;
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...zakin_demo_06141.html;jsessionid=5tzarjohppqv

Kinnect and Racing games just isn't going to work IMO. I've tried driving on the Wii and that was awefull.

Forza 3 is an excellent game and as you say their isn't much more they can really do with it. Either way will buy it :p.

Yes I will still buy it I just hope it isnt simple better graphics. I presume that you can still use a controller (unless they want to lose probably 90% of their market) but the Kinect will just be used for head tracking, if you buy one at all (I wont).

A lot of the gaming sites are reporting on this as Forza 4 but its not been officially called Forza 4. I'm wondering if this will be released as an expansion pack for Forza 3 or simply Forza 3 repackaged to include Kinect support. We only had Forza 3 last year and if this really is Forza 4 then they are rushing the games out too quickly. I'm a big Forza fan but once the initial excitement wore off Forza 3 was a little disappointing compared to Forza 2, it didn't hold the same appeal.

This was really just using one of microsofts big game franchises to showcase kinect. Kinect is what they were showing off, not the new Forza. I fully expect Forza 4 to include some elements of Kinect but I think it will still be mostly controlled with a wheel or controller.

I hope Kinect isn't the way forward for Forza. While the Kinect demo was a novel way to show off a car, I don't want to play using an imaginary steering wheel and pedals - it defeats the purpose of making Forza a simulation.

I have to agree with Kevin that Forza 3 was quite disappointing in many areas. Forza 4 will want to be extra special before I buy another (VIP edition of a) Turn10 game.

Cheers.

Oh two Forzas (or even three) while only one Gran Turismo relaeses. This shows which game is more time spent and more complete imo. Forza is turning into a Fifa or NFS series game with every year a new release... Not a good way.

Turn 10 played their part in Microsoft's E3 press conference today showing off new features in Forza 4 which they announced would be available on October 11th! The video below shows Kinect support - including head tracking and also brief footage from the Top Gear test track which will feature in the game. Forza 4 will also include voice recognition and 16 player support online.
FM_1_2.jpg

Join the discussions about the game in the Forza Motorsport 4 forums

lol "a new driving experience" pc racing games had head tracking for years already, gt5 already had top gear test track and special events for it which are introduced featuring the stig himself in an aston. i can see polygons in the dashboard of the ferrari, TDU has community features already, gt5 already had 16 players racing, 120 more premium cars + 800 cool standard cars. lot of things this video talks about are things games already have... nothing new.

Forza 4 and the American Le Mans Series announced a two-year partnership that will make Forza Motorsport 4 the official racing game partner of the American Le Mans Series, “Forza Motorsport 4” will provide the “Forza Motorsport” community with unrivaled access to one of the top professional racing series, including realistic in-game tracks and cars. Additionally fans of the American Le Mans Series will have the opportunity to test drive “Forza Motorsport 4” at select race events before it launches in October.

alms1.jpg

“Our partnership with ALMS signifies the joining of two great automotive forces,” said Alan Hartman, Studio Manager at Turn 10 Studios. “We’re pushing the limits in ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ and taking peoples’ love of cars to a new level. Xbox and “Forza Motorsport 4” will without a doubt be the best place to enjoy the iconic American Le Mans Series if you aren’t at the track racing yourself.”

The partnership introduces more ways than ever for racing fans to get into the automotive entertainment they love, including:

• Immersive community activities and events hosted by the America Le Mans Series and “Forza Motorsport 4”
  • The most stunningly realistic racing circuits and cars that fans know and love from the ALMS, including Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and 26 ALMS cars
  • Tune in! Catch the racing action live by tuning in to all of the American Le Mans Series race broadcasts via ESPN3 on Xbox LIVE
alms2.jpg

“The American Le Mans Series is about delivering the ultimate sports car racing experience for race fans and automotive enthusiasts around the world,” American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón President and CEO Scott Atherton said. “Partnering with Turn 10 Studios and naming ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ as our official racing game partner unites our mutual passion for racing and provides our loyal fans even more ways to experience the American Le Mans Series. I don’t know of any other racing series that gives its fans the opportunity to both watch live racing and race the cars and tracks themselves on the same gaming console.”

For more about Turn 10's upcoming FM4 game please visit our dedicated forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back