F1 2011 Official Patch 1 Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch Announcement by Codemasters

Hi all,

We're going to be using this sticky thread to keep you updated with regards the latest game patching status. We'll keep it updated whenever we get new information.

Patch 1 - During the game submission process for F1 2011 the team continued to work on the game, refining, polishing and tweaking and those updates were included in the patch released as follows:

PS3 Status - Released

Xbox 360 Status - Patch has now passed submission, we are now waiting for a confirmed release date.

PC Status - Patch has now passed submission, due for release at approx 10pm GMT on 4th Oct

Patch 2 - The Dev team and QA are currently investigating a number of issues reported by players and trying to reproduce these in a test environment.

Please continue to submit your feedback about any game issues you find in our Tech & Game Support Forums being as thorough as you can possibly be. We're constantly passing on this feedback to the development/QA teams for investigation and review. Your input is much appreciated and of great help, thank you!

Stop !! Before you update your game
Click here

Download links for Patch 1
Click here

Yeah, the beep has always been there for DRS.

I definitely feel more grip in the game. It almost feels like TC is enabled permanently, because the rear of the car is glued to the ground. There are certain turns where the rear of the car used to get unstable, like T9 in Malaysia. My car went though it like butter last night.

Gonna miss the old physics.......

My update was fun last night. After the game updated, Steam gave me a really cool message: "The game is currently unavailable". Sweet!! I did a game integrity check on Steam and it launched fine after that, whew!!!

Yeah, the beep has always been there for DRS.

I definitely feel more grip in the game. It almost feels like TC is enabled permanently, because the rear of the car is glued to the ground. There are certain turns where the rear of the car used to get unstable, like T9 in Malaysia. My car went though it like butter last night.

Gonna miss the old physics.......

My update was fun last night. After the game updated, Steam gave me a really cool message: "The game is currently unavailable". Sweet!! I did a game integrity check on Steam and it launched fine after that, whew!!!

I immediately thought there was more grip myself, but also noticed my difficulty level had defaulted to 'Hard' rather than 'Custom' and the Traction Control had somehow been set to 'Medium'

Once I had re-configured my difficulty settings (turning TC off!) the Grip and handling returned to exactly how it was pre-patch - You have probably already checked this, but might be worth having a look?

Since I bought the game off Steam and since I neglected to tell it not to auto update I couldn't avoid the patch and the supposed gameplay changes that came with it. (I know it's been out for a while, haven't been around to play for a while)

I regret to say that I can confirm that the cars now feel like they have WAY more grip. For example, at Melbourne I would have to be careful not to steer too much into turn 5 to avoid a spin. Now no matter what I will be able to do that flat out unless I intentionally goof it up.

However, my laptimes seem to be somewhat unaffected. I don't know if they reduced the effect of DRS or KERS or just made the Williams car have less horsepower or what but I couldn't manage better than 1:26.3 in qualifying. So I had to turn the difficulty down from Legends to Pro in order to get a decent grid slot (12th).

It is not game breaking but it does mean I will have to adapt to this new handling. I REALLY wish they had released a change log, this is much more than little tweaks here and there!

Glight, in my experience the best way to counter, even improve that CM update is to install this. It has given some edge back to my game without doubt.

Thanks! Everything is back to normal now :)

In a car that felt like it had less grip, I was able to deliver faster laptimes. Post patch at Melbourne I couldn't go faster than 1:26.3, with the mod I managed 1:25.0. I know I won't be auto updating to patch 2

Codies you are full of sh#@. This is unbelieveble, i mean i never saw that kind of behavior before, you just say to your customers, hey idiots give me your money and shut up! No standalone patch! No realease notes! I see anger in the forums. I will never buy codies game again and they are going to be removed today from the hard disk, thats it, i had enough, you are a disgrace for the gaming industry, shame on you and goodbye from us, because i believe there are hundrends frustrated like me.

Thank you codies, we just needed less grip and you gave more. I see you listen to your customers. You are bad!

No standalone patch, no release notes, nothing changed at all. Thank you for making fun of us!

Try making a game yourself.
YOU are unbelievable.
If you make a game, and it's ****, I don't go saying that, I try to give you some criticism which can make the game better.
You, on the other hand, just make things worse.

After installing the patch, i trowed the game from my HD immidiately! Did a re-install and lost all my savings because of that. I'm not planning to install the patch again. They can make little changes in a patch to make the game a better one, but dramatically chance te physics (make them easier) is a bit too far for me. No thanks, no patch for me CM!

I'm on a PS3 and the patch still hasn't shown up or installed itself. Or at least not to my knowledge. So first how do i check for version on PS3 and how to update manually if not. I've tried to check of "automatic search for update" but can only do so, if I sign for a PS3 gold membership or some ****. And that's not gonna happen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.