F1 2011 Official Patch 1 Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch Announcement by Codemasters

Hi all,

We're going to be using this sticky thread to keep you updated with regards the latest game patching status. We'll keep it updated whenever we get new information.

Patch 1 - During the game submission process for F1 2011 the team continued to work on the game, refining, polishing and tweaking and those updates were included in the patch released as follows:

PS3 Status - Released

Xbox 360 Status - Patch has now passed submission, we are now waiting for a confirmed release date.

PC Status - Patch has now passed submission, due for release at approx 10pm GMT on 4th Oct

Patch 2 - The Dev team and QA are currently investigating a number of issues reported by players and trying to reproduce these in a test environment.

Please continue to submit your feedback about any game issues you find in our Tech & Game Support Forums being as thorough as you can possibly be. We're constantly passing on this feedback to the development/QA teams for investigation and review. Your input is much appreciated and of great help, thank you!

Stop !! Before you update your game
Click here

Download links for Patch 1
Click here

I also think there is a lot more grip now!

I have not been able to test this extensively, but I did a time trial at Melbourne the other day using the 11/11 spring bug pre patch (just to see how that affects the car) and set a time that was unreachable for me with "normal" car setups. Post patch I went for the same track this time with the engineers fastest setup. What can I say, either I've improved over night a great deal or the car handling hast changed significantly. I had hardly any problems keeping up with the pre patch "buggy setup", even though I went off the track here and there. However I did not manage to overtake :/ Then again, I only tried one lap.

Further, I finished my first race in career under rainy conditions starting 18th, finishing 8th after the patch. I did not struggle too much on intermediates. In fact, I felt pretty comfortable and I could keep up and attack quite easily, whereas before the patch during qualifying I was seriously struggeling not to place last on the grid. Again, either I've become really good over night, or the patch has changed something.

As I said, I've not been able to test this extensively, but my first impression was that the car feels a lot more stable and I have to fight less to keep the car on track, especially coming out of turns or on the longer curved straights at Melbourne. I'm not one of the most serious drivers, hence I'm not sure yet whether I like the change or not. Things seemed to be a little easier for me during this first post patch drive.

However, my wheel and graphics settings were reseted after applying the patch and I had to adjust them to suit my needs. I'm sure I did'nt apply the exact same settings as pre patch. This may have some influence on my performance. Better wheel settings and higher fps may result in better driving and better lap times, so that the "felt handling" has improved without any grip changes. Well, if I should be too fast for the AI now I'll just increase the difficulty level since I'm not driving on legend or anywher near (advanced driver only :redface:), which should keep things challenging for me.

This - combined with Bram's message - is frankly inconsiderate. As I said before, I WANT internet, I just can't justify spending 20% of my expendable salary on internet. It's ridiculously expensive in South Africa, really I would LOVE to have access internet at home.

Also, this is not an excuse, as a developer is supposed to cater for ALL eventualities - surely if it was so easy for Schoof to post a stand-alone link, why couldn't Codemasters do it themselves?

Defending the developers doesn't take away the fact that many people WANT but simply can't afford internet.

Please be reasonable and see that other people's needs are different than your own.

They have said they are working on a stand-alone patch already, and yes your needs may be different but honestly if you have no Internet access at all(with the standalone patch, go to Internet cafe with datastick, done) you cannot cry that CM literally has no way of sending you a digital update, they can't afford to send you all new discs!

I don't mean to be distrspectful but Whinging like this is disrespectful to codemasters and contains unrealistic expectations.

They have said they are working on a stand-alone patch already, and yes your needs may be different but honestly if you have no Internet access at all(with the standalone patch, go to Internet cafe with datastick, done) you cannot cry that CM literally has no way of sending you a digital update, they can't afford to send you all new discs!

I don't mean to be distrspectful but Whinging like this is disrespectful to codemasters and contains unrealistic expectations.

At the time these guys mentioned it, the patch was not available stand-alone, only via Steam or GFWL. The original complaint was that they wouldnt be able to go to the Internet Cafe to put it on a memory stick - not that they didnt want to do it.

Please read the previous posts properly before hoping on the bandwagon and dissing guys who are not as fortunate with their internet facilities as the rest of us take for granted.

Crossfire is still broken and whether eyefinity works is more hit and miss than before.

Use RadeonPro to boost crossfire mate. As we already knew, this patch is the same as was out for the PS3, so it was never gonna do anything for crossfire. Really that needs ATI to pull their act together and get a decent CAP file produced.

In the meantime, setup a profile in RadeonPro with 'Alternate Frame Processing' selected on the tweaks tab. Made my crossfire jump up from 40fps to 70fps.

Well I'm fairly certain the AI is signifcantly faster on Abu Dhabi. Last time I raced there I was dropping them by >1 second a lap. Now they're right on my tail.

EDIT: Except they still manage to spin stupidly really quite frequently.

Well I'm fairly certain the AI is signifcantly faster on Abu Dhabi. Last time I raced there I was dropping them by >1 second a lap. Now they're right on my tail.
The AI has been changed. Prior to the patch I was 1.6 seconds faster than the car in second place in practise at Spa. However after the patch I couldnt even get close to the first car never mind beat it. I dropped the difficulty down a notch and am now back to my 1.6 second advantage.

I also noticed that the AI cars swerved around alot less than before the patch.

I solved the problem by creating a new profile and start over from scratch = (

Nothing new.Let's say it this way : The whole story about playing the game through Games for Windows Live platform is...just a crap.
CD did nothing to satisfy the user. It's incomprehensible for me ,making such commercial, announcements about f1 2011.The interest about this game was huge and what they did? Releasing a game with X bugs.Ok it happens, but where is the support? Codemasters forums? There's BIG NOTE : F1 2011 - Tech & Game Support This is a community resource, and not the official line of communication for help regarding tech issues from Codemasters. To do that, please email custservice@codemasters.com.- WTF is this?
If we haven't RD then what? .
Releasing new patch ok ,but where the hell are the notes about this patch? What they improved/replaced etc? Nowhere again.
When i saw the first diary for the game i said well done !having a big goal to achieve is remarkably.
GFWL - yes i have PC but i don't use Windows but UNIX/Linux .Very Limited. A cheap sell trick.On my DVD box says PC version - Wrong! Must be renamed to Windows Version.We are all free to choose which OC must be installed on our PC.
I'm sorry about being negative but my expectations were different about this company.

You know, Nasko, CM are a good team, the problem is they have immense pressure over them by the publishers. That's why the game is crap, cause of development time limitations.
A, i napravo si kaji 4e si q izteglil bezplatno ;)

I have a cheap laptop for the net,i have 2 gamming PCs with no internet connection no AV,.I don't want to bother with viruses worms and other crap on the net that can screwup the PCs I spent alot of money on Many AVs can sreewup a PC even more than a virus and generally interfere by running in thebackground.GFWL and steam want a world where u can only play a game on line from them,that way they can jack the price to levels of cable tv 80,100,200 dollars a month .I've got so many games now that I don't even have enough time for them and as games move towards this restricted scenario I will stop buying new ones and cocentrate on those I already own

With aldue respect, that's what I meant. But before I mentioned to T4RG4 the cost implication to some of us, there wasn't a standalone patch planned - check his replies to me (Ho3n3r) on Twitter, and you'll see what I mean.

And please don't insult my intelligence - of course I never suggested they send me a disc - my plea was on the standalone. There wasn't one planned about 3 hours ago.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%