F1 2011 Official Co-Op Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Co-operative multiplayer components in F1 2011

Quote from the F1 2011 press release by Codies:

In F1 2011 players will be challenged to ‘Be the driver, live the life, go compete’, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components.

I am really curious what these components will be. Anybody got a clue?

He said vastly extended...which to me sounds like it's an enhancement on a existing mode. But that can't be right, right? I think a well designed co-op mode would be better than a safety car, better damage modeling, or virtually any other new feature. But it needs to be a fully featured mode and not stripped down like online mode w/ only 12 cars, no replays and what not. Dang, see now I'm getting excited for something that will no doubt not meet my expectations. Didn't like Nascar 2004 have multiplayer season mode? I don't even like Nascar but I did think it was fun doing a 4 - player season together with friends and a half rack of Coors Light. Message to codemasters - if you need some consulting work I am available and have a plethra of ideas to make this mode and several others great.

If what you say is true, then that sounds awesome. The only thing I could see that would cripple this idea is if they only have it available for LAN and not as a mode to enhance/encourage split screen racing.

No not lan only according to this source

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/f1_2011/preview-3012.html

Sounds like online mayhem with 2 players trying to be the top in the team, but of course if you got a good person to play with then team work couls be a great thing.

I wish in the co-op mode you can play a full season on the lan with your friend in a same team. Do you know any idea about that? My friend just start to buy a new pc components for only these co-op mod...

Is Co-op career mode available on LAN/Multiplayer as well as on the same PC?

Would I be able to play with a mate on the same PC but instead of doing split screen, assign a monitor to each of us? ie. 1 person uses the PC monitor, the other the TV (connected to the pc too).

Not a big fan of split screen but if we could assign a seperate monitor to each of us, that would be interesting!

Appreciate any help

Co-Op Championship Problem - Anyone else playing in this mode?

I posted this in the bug thread but no one responded yet.

The AI is screwed up in co-op championship. By screwed up I mean slow. I am playing on Legend skill level and I'm not that great at this game and I am beating the Red Bulls and Ferrari's by 8 seconds in qualifying. Then in the race it's the same. I've restarted the mode a few times and with the exception of one session in Melbourne the AI is always slow. Seems like a big deal
but no one else is saying a word.

Is there anyone else playing Co-Op mode? Is it working right for you? There is no way I'm that good at this game. I'm driving for Force India for God's sake.
:frown:

CO-OP Trouble

Hi lads

Started playing co-op with a mate for renault..

1st race around melbourne on legend difficulty.. we lap everyone upto and including sutil who is 18th twice.. we finish 8th and 9th..

but at the end results screen it shows us both in 15th and 16th.. sutil finishing ahead of us in 8th!!!!!! and his time finishing behind the leader was 10mins 43seconds... WTF!!!

anyone have or know of these problems with co-op?

That is similar to my problem. Seems like there is something wrong w/ the AI difficulty in Co-Op Championship. I played on Legend too and passed everyone very easily. I haven't seen the results issue though. I hope Codemasters is able to fix this quick. This is a cool mode which is currently unplayable.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.