F1 2011 Official Co-Op Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Co-operative multiplayer components in F1 2011

Quote from the F1 2011 press release by Codies:

In F1 2011 players will be challenged to ‘Be the driver, live the life, go compete’, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components.

I am really curious what these components will be. Anybody got a clue?

Hello.

Im playing on PS3, me and my mate as playing Co-Op we're having the same problem. Also tried restarted the Co-op few times, tried different teams, changed difficulty, everything I could think of.

Dunno what it is..

Are you also on PS3?

Yeah only playing the game on PS3. We tried restarting a bunch of times and finally there was one time when it worked. We played Melbourne on Professional and the AI was correct. It was awesome! I can't wait for this to be fixed. Then the following day we started the same co-op championship at Sepang on Professional and AI cars went back to being crap. I got P1 by like 8 seconds, and my teammate got P2 by alot as well. It was so disappointing. I posted this on codemaster's forum so hopefully they know and can fix.

Yes hopefully.

I wrote to Steve Hood on twitter, and he says it worked for them a week ago perfectly :/. But It doesnt work for some. I wonder if all the ps3 ppl are having problems or if its just a few, Co-op doesnt seem to be so popular.

CO-OP AI Slower?

Ok I was simply recording a Multiplayer CO-OP with Jamie-Lee Mayers (iam_thegame) and it was on Legend AI, and we destroyed the competition, we were Team Lotus, and in team Lotus I finished 1st and Jamie finished 7th but I did a singleplayer Career race on Legend AI and I finished 18th as Team Lotus, has codemasters simply dropped the ball on CO-OP, I mean we qualified 22nd and 23rd then we finished 1st and 7th, somethings wrong there. If anyone knows why that happened tell me

yes that happened to me, even tho we selected legend before we started.. we restarted twice.. and then it worked, the only way to tell if its working is to start again at melbourne and skip to P2 (if your doing long weekend) check the AI results after P1 if the AI in 1st-10th are doing 1:24-1:26ish then u know its on legend...

Needs a patch ASAP...

Co-op Season

How do you actually start a Co-op season I was wanting to do one with my brother but I couldn't see how you start it.

Do I go into Multiplayer select split screen then just choose all the 19 races in order?

I was really looking forward to playing this feature, but same problem happened here, except for the fact that in first race, which was on professional difficulty, the AI level was ok. But as me and my mate were running about 1 sec faster than AI with a Renault Lotus (the good one) in Melbourne, we decided to change it to legend difficulty to see how it was. Suddenly we realised we were lapping 12 seconds quicker than AI in Malaysia. Same problem occurred in Shangai.
Hope they can solve this issue quickly, cause the co-op champ. seems to be one of the great points of this game in my opinion.

I couldn't agree w/ you more MSCHWARZ. Online Co-Op is my biggest draw to F1 2011. My mate and I played a single race at Monza, rather than continuing the broken Co-Op season yesteday afternoon, and the AI issue doesn't seem to be affecting that mode. And I gotta say playing a 50% race on Professional was the highlight of my life when the AI is legit. I hope when I get home tonight and login I am prompted to the patch download.

So when YOU played @ Melbourne and increased the difficulty from pro to legend it got easier? I wonder if the difficulty code is simply inverted. Perhaps if you play on amatuer it will legendary? It's a long shot but something to hope for.

I couldn't agree w/ you more MSCHWARZ. Online Co-Op is my biggest draw to F1 2011. My mate and I played a single race at Monza, rather than continuing the broken Co-Op season yesteday afternoon, and the AI issue doesn't seem to be affecting that mode. And I gotta say playing a 50% race on Professional was the highlight of my life when the AI is legit. I hope when I get home tonight and login I am prompted to the patch download.

So when YOU played @ Melbourne and increased the difficulty from pro to legend it got easier? I wonder if the difficulty code is simply inverted. Perhaps if you play on amatuer it will legendary? It's a long shot but something to hope for.

Hello pmoy, sorry for the late reply. It is really disappointing to see all the AIs going really slow in Co-op championship.
Custom races do not seem to be affected by this difficulty bug. Tried to do the inversion on the difficulty level, but it didnt work...
Anyway, I`ll stick to the custom races using AI to make a full grid (prefer than having only half a dozen human players who leave the race in first corner) and wait for a final solution from Codemasters.
Legend AI in carreer mode is also very competitive (though I think Force India was far a good team for first season - i`ve been 6th in Melbourne and 2nd in Malaysia - may start another carreer with HRT or the bad Lotus).

Too bad the inversion didn't work. Guess the mode is officially non-working w/ no work around. I did play another online race outside of co op championship, with my bro on his console. This time at Turkey on Professional. AI seemed fine but it was odd that Vettel qualified 15th and Alonso qualified 14th. Also, Petrov in 2nd, with Kobayashi in 4th. It was kind of cool seeing them in front and it's probably not even a glitch...just not even close to what's going on in 2011.

(Co-op - Kick / Lost connection)

Hello all F1 freaks

A friend and I bought Codemasters F1 2011 and are raving about the game. It only problem is that it does not really work in Co-op for us :-\

It's really frustrating to us, that my friend gets the message : He is kicked / Lost connection, when he loaded the track.

We have played 2 tracks and in 95% of the times we start playing, he is thrown off.

We have basically read everything we could find the problem and nothing has given us a solution to the problem.

Here are some facts:

- Computers -
My PC
CPU : I7 2600
MEM : 16 GB
HDD : SAS3 - 2 x Intel SSD 510 - RAID 0
GFX : Nvidia Gforce 570

Friend's PC
CPU : AMD Phenom 8650-3 core 2.3 Ghz
MEM : 4 GB
HDD : Sata 500 GB
GFX : Nvidia Gforce GT 120

- Internet connection -
We both have a D-link DIR 615 router
With these gates open: 80,88,3074,443,53 - in UDP and TCP

Internet :
Mine : 50 / 5 Mbps cable
Friend : 30 / 2 Mbit Cable
We use Stofanet as ISP

- Load Time -
Load Time to start a track in co-op:
My 15 sec. to 20 sec.
Friendster 1:30 min. to 2 min.

- Tried the following -
* We have a suspicion that the load time could be the problem, and have seen others have removed the autosave and set graphics to low.
That dit not solved the problem :-(

* There were also some who had solved the problem by changing the sound to software in hardware_settings_config.xml. Still no sucess.

So now we are in a panic because we felt really good about the game but can not get it to work satisfactorily in Co-op.

It must be said that my friend did not have problems playing the game in career.

- Status -
Panic!! :)

So PLEASE HELP US F1 FRIENDS!!! :)

In cooperation, I play the best experience and the most friendly part of this game.
Small detail: Win 35 races in cooperation unlocks success 35 without giving 35 wins in your personnals stats.
The losses are not accounted.
Concerning disconnection problems, I solved the problem by playing with a partner known.
We turn off our anti-virus and windows defenses.
Above all, we avoid all online discussions by cutting our microphones.
It worked.

yesterday i was in qualy in race 1 me and my friend Playing for redbull at the last seconds of Qualy my friend was on 1st and i was cutting his time and when i was about to cross the line i saw a driver who was in 1st
My time is 1:23.556
Friends time is 1:24.089
Pole position :0.356 Maldonado
How buggy is the F1 2011 CM please fix this kind of Bugs

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back