• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Off Road Fun is Coming - Introducing OVERPASS

Discussion in 'OVERPASS' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 4, 2019.

1. rosgillies

rosgillies

Ratings:
    +57
    VR?????

2. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +2,886
    Saw this, found "Pure Rock Crawling" on Steam for £11 (inc. a Jeep Wrangler!) and I love it! It takes me right back to my rock crawling / free roaming days in 1nsane :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,617
    As an avid offroader I was kinda of excited when I saw this title, but than realized it was just buggies and lost interest. Hopefully they will add some actual off-road vehicles down the road.....Jeep, Toyota or Land Rover

I'll keep my eye on the development but for now I've been enjoying Pure Rock Crawling and Mudrunner for my digital off-road entertainment.....when I am not doing the real thing in my Jeep.

Anyone got any RL off-road builds in the works here?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  4. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz

Ratings:
    +57
    3 words.
    I love this.
    Oh, 3 more...
    TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

5. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro

Ratings:
    +1,801
    Oh 1nsane... used to do lan games with it, fun times! We need a new one...

You can also have a look at mudrunner or earlier spintires on a similar but different style :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    There was a "sequel", but imo it's one in name only. The damage model of 1nsane was, well, insane for the time :) I used to ramp the police car off stuff for whole afternoons just to see the chassis deform.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RomFil

RomFil

Ratings:
    +10
    screenshots for comparison, 2010 , made in UE3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +97
    Cant wait for this one! Looks fantastic even at this point, lets hope maybe for some DLC down the road.
    Purchasing as soon as it hits the screens ;)

9. RKip455

RKip455
    Attack Life, its going to Kill you Anyway! Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    +1 yes, motion and wheel support!

10. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +97
    Well of course its going to have wheel support, you think its gonna be 4 arrow keys? :whistling:

11. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +217
    honestly, looking at the movements I doubt it will be more advanced than SpinTries, looks even less so...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +183
    BeamNG Drive was a great discovery for me and showed how fun off road challenges can be. I'll keep an eye on this new game. I hope the physics and the damage model are close to BeamNG Drive, which is really amazing in this sense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gerzson

Gerzson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44

Anybody remember the old "Terep" game? (means "terrain" in Hungarian)
    And there was "Terep 2" later which was basically an earlier evolution of "1nsane".
    I used to play hours of these game back in the days of DOS. :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +75
    Please be good. Please be good.

15. GPL

GPL

Ratings:
    +63
    Hopefully it's good and can be modded to become a sequel to Richard Burns Rally and also Monster Truck Madness.

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Nico

Nico

Ratings:
    +232
    I had my fair share of fun with Mudrunner, great game, but these days I can't really play it anymore without getting bored quickly. There's mods for it, but the vast majority of them are in Russian language only, or don't respect the game's lore. BeamNG, a marvel of simulation, has its own doses of off-roading but that's not its strong point IMO. There's a game named Pure Rock Crawling which looks interesting, but lacks modding possibilities.

17. CapitanulHaos

CapitanulHaos

Ratings:
    +10
    You might want to check it out again, there's stuff you probably missed. Mudrunner basically turned into an offroader, mostly english, if you pick out the ones you're interested in. There's a plethora of rock crawling stuff, maps, 4x4s.. really good as well. I think, excedeeding original content in most cases. You only need to check the steam workshop.
    Haven't really tried Pure Rock C yet, my impression is the game is very short, not much to play around with. Will try it though.
    Been waiting for a good offroad game/sim for a while now, not much to choose from though. Dunno why, there's a lot of untapped potential in here.

18. Nico

Nico

Ratings:
    +232
    I am aware there has been a major shift in the Mudrunner public. But despite all the Russian-only mods, personally I enjoyed the original premise more, hauling logs through muddy, monochrome terrain with ancient and unefficient Soviet-era machinery, rather than doing rock crawling and driving Hummers and Chevys. Clearly the workshop showed there is a growing American market for this game, and the devs seem headed in that direction. A few days ago they released two additional, licensed American vehicles for free. But IMO, the Soviet content is what made this game special in the first place, and I think it will be missed if they decide to leave it out of their next game. With that said, not too long ago the original Spintires from 2014 was updated and its devs seem to be actively working on it again.

19. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +201
    Interesting, Sounds like Mudrunner has turned into the game I always wanted it to be.

I've owned it for awhile, never spent much time with it, Might go and find some of the mods you mentioned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.