Saw this, found "Pure Rock Crawling" on Steam for £11 (inc. a Jeep Wrangler!) and I love it! It takes me right back to my rock crawling / free roaming days in 1nsane :inlove:

As an avid offroader I was kinda of excited when I saw this title, but than realized it was just buggies and lost interest. Hopefully they will add some actual off-road vehicles down the road.....Jeep, Toyota or Land Rover

I'll keep my eye on the development but for now I've been enjoying Pure Rock Crawling and Mudrunner for my digital off-road entertainment.....when I am not doing the real thing in my Jeep.

Anyone got any RL off-road builds in the works here?

Last edited:
Saw this, found "Pure Rock Crawling" on Steam for £11 (inc. a Jeep Wrangler!) and I love it! It takes me right back to my rock crawling / free roaming days in 1nsane :inlove:
Oh 1nsane... used to do lan games with it, fun times! We need a new one...

You can also have a look at mudrunner or earlier spintires on a similar but different style :p

Oh 1nsane... used to do lan games with it, fun times! We need a new one...
There was a "sequel", but imo it's one in name only. The damage model of 1nsane was, well, insane for the time :) I used to ramp the police car off stuff for whole afternoons just to see the chassis deform.

BeamNG Drive was a great discovery for me and showed how fun off road challenges can be. I'll keep an eye on this new game. I hope the physics and the damage model are close to BeamNG Drive, which is really amazing in this sense.

Anybody remember the old "Terep" game? (means "terrain" in Hungarian)
And there was "Terep 2" later which was basically an earlier evolution of "1nsane".
I used to play hours of these game back in the days of DOS. :)

• Deleted member 503495

Hopefully it's good and can be modded to become a sequel to Richard Burns Rally and also Monster Truck Madness.

I had my fair share of fun with Mudrunner, great game, but these days I can't really play it anymore without getting bored quickly. There's mods for it, but the vast majority of them are in Russian language only, or don't respect the game's lore. BeamNG, a marvel of simulation, has its own doses of off-roading but that's not its strong point IMO. There's a game named Pure Rock Crawling which looks interesting, but lacks modding possibilities.

I had my fair share of fun with Mudrunner, great game, but these days I can't really play it anymore without getting bored quickly. There's mods for it, but the vast majority of them are in Russian language only, or don't respect the game's lore...

You might want to check it out again, there's stuff you probably missed. Mudrunner basically turned into an offroader, mostly english, if you pick out the ones you're interested in. There's a plethora of rock crawling stuff, maps, 4x4s.. really good as well. I think, excedeeding original content in most cases. You only need to check the steam workshop.
Haven't really tried Pure Rock C yet, my impression is the game is very short, not much to play around with. Will try it though.
Been waiting for a good offroad game/sim for a while now, not much to choose from though. Dunno why, there's a lot of untapped potential in here.

You might want to check it out again, there's stuff you probably missed. Mudrunner basically turned into an offroader, mostly english, if you pick out the ones you're interested in. There's a plethora of rock crawling stuff, maps, 4x4s.. really good as well. I think, excedeeding original content in most cases. You only need to check the steam workshop.
Haven't really tried Pure Rock C yet, my impression is the game is very short, not much to play around with. Will try it though.
Been waiting for a good offroad game/sim for a while now, not much to choose from though. Dunno why, there's a lot of untapped potential in here.
I am aware there has been a major shift in the Mudrunner public. But despite all the Russian-only mods, personally I enjoyed the original premise more, hauling logs through muddy, monochrome terrain with ancient and unefficient Soviet-era machinery, rather than doing rock crawling and driving Hummers and Chevys. Clearly the workshop showed there is a growing American market for this game, and the devs seem headed in that direction. A few days ago they released two additional, licensed American vehicles for free. But IMO, the Soviet content is what made this game special in the first place, and I think it will be missed if they decide to leave it out of their next game. With that said, not too long ago the original Spintires from 2014 was updated and its devs seem to be actively working on it again.

Interesting, Sounds like Mudrunner has turned into the game I always wanted it to be.

I've owned it for awhile, never spent much time with it, Might go and find some of the mods you mentioned.

Does a delayed release equal a better game when it finally becomes available? Overpass sure think so.

The initial Overpass announcement was back on May 8th, and back then we all believed the physics based off road driving game would be hitting the stores around October 2019, however things wouldn't quite work out as planned during the development phase - and now the team are back and raring to go with a new release date of February 27th, 2020.

Pinning the blame for the delayed release on a desire to further improve the off road physics of the game, Zordix Games have recently come out with a new trailer for the improved title - and it looks very good indeed.

Check out the brand new physics trailer below:

Overpass Key Features:
  • A completely new, extreme off-road experience
  • Over 20 vehicles from top manufacturers, such as Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Suzuki
  • Realistic physics gives each vehicle and terrain unique characteristics
  • Over 40 technically demanding tracks across 6 environments with their own specific challenges
  • A full Career Mode: attract sponsors, manage your vehicles and organize your calendar to dominate the season
  • Local and online multiplayer modes, including a split screen mode, to share the experience and to challenge yourself against other players

Overpass will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC February 27th 2020.

Got something to say about the game? Head over to the Overpass sub forum and start a thread!

Overpass Trailer 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back