PC2 Oculus Rift, no picture in headset.

Racers Hi!

Recently had my PC in for a health check to which a clean install of windows 10.

Before this, I could use VR on all my sims inc PC2 however now, I can only get audio via the headset earphones (on all sims) Games from Oculus store work fine. Have tried all the options of starting the game from Steam, also verified the game. on latest Nvidea driver & running GTX1060 6GB - i5 6500

Any help would be epic - Cheers

What did you do?
I had episodes of this about a month or so back. 2 out of 3 times the game would load but it would be a black screen in the Rift. Then, as mysteriously as it started... it went away. Haven't seen it again for weeks. Knock wood. The only thing I know is that now I consistently start the game from Steam by right clicking it in my list and choosing "start in steam VR mode" or whatever. I want to say I was also doing this when it was having problems but ...

Maybe so. Not for my case though. It was just... weird. I'm going to guess mine was some kind of Windows update thing since it eventually went away on its own. That or I just had brain fade and was trying to launch it in the wrong mode or something.

I've also had issues where the cable wasn't snapped in properly on the headset (I use Widmo lenses so regularly have to unclip the mask to clean my lenses) this results in sound but no video, or weird video!

What did you do?
I had episodes of this about a month or so back. 2 out of 3 times the game would load but it would be a black screen in the Rift. Then, as mysteriously as it started... it went away. Haven't seen it again for weeks. Knock wood. The only thing I know is that now I consistently start the game from Steam by right clicking it in my list and choosing "start in steam VR mode" or whatever. I want to say I was also doing this when it was having problems but ...

I knew I should not have said anything about my problem being gone... because it came back yesterday. I decided to pick "Start in Oculus VR mode" from the Steam menu. This resulted in the black screen. One thing I had forgotten in the intervening several weeks is that when this happens, the entire PC goes black, and there is no sound, either. I basically have to reboot the PC at this point.

So I tried starting the game in "Steam VR mode" which has been working for me for a while. It wasn't happy about that either. Same result. Rebooted. Start in Steam VR mode again, it was happy.

Now here's another thing... I don't actually have Steam VR installed at all.

I sure hope it settles down because this behavior was super annoying when it was happening before.

I haven't had any of this trouble with AC or Elite, which are the two other games I play in VR a lot.

I love them! They make a big difference over wearing my glasses and as I'm the only user of the Rift they just stay in permanently. When I look down through the nose gap it's covered by the Widmo lenses so I can see through the gap as though I was wearing my glasses, ideal for using the keyboard! Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

I also play Elite with the rift as well, I couldn't go back to playing it on a flat screen as everything looks so tiny!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back