Thanks in advance! :pray:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 308
The tree materials are probably set to 'Use Alpha' rather than 'Use Chroma'. When alpha is used, the game has trouble deciding what's in front of what.

The most direct way to fix it is via Venue Materials. Find the Transparency setting and change it to 'Use Chroma'. It doesn't look as good as alpha, but when you have several trees it becomes hard to tell unless people aren't driving quickly enough.

If you're making an XPack, the steps are the same but you use the Materials tab in XPacker.

• PeterVox

Thanks for your help, R Soul! I edited the xpack, set it to chroma, deleted the trees and set the new trees with the updated xpack and it works now ingame. Do I have to set every alpha texture to chroma or only in exceptions? Only the trees or the fences, too?

And do I have to clear and put the objects again generally after updating an xpack?

Alpha method does look indeed better. The difference is noticeable but it's still okay.

Do I have to set every alpha texture to chroma or only in exceptions?
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. It's a balance of performance and appearance.

Only the trees or the fences, too?
Again, it depends. I reckon you could keep using alpha on the fences if it doesn't make your track run like a slideshow and there are no graphical glitches.

And do I have to clear and put the objects again generally after updating an xpack?
Not if you remember to overwrite the xpack that is in your project folder. You'll know if that's worked the next time you start BTB and load your project. Incidentally, recently I wrote a batch file which makes it easy to update XPacks:
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/30942-xpack-update-batch-file.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back