NVIDIA SMP and Triple screen support

After playing with a combination of one, two, and three screens on ACC, I am a little worried that the game only really supports what essentially is a flat triple arrangement: I can see quite a lot of what's in front of me, but not much of what's to my side... And a 1.8meter wide screen is quite odd to look at!
Now I know that ACC use the Unreal Engine 4, but what about just making that leap and introduce support for Nvidia's Simultaneous Multi Projection? I don't know whether that would make the game slower or faster, although iRacing does have SMP support and it does indeed improve the frame rate in their game engine.
I know there's a fork of the Unreal engine that uses SMP, but I've read it's still experimental and so might be too risky for a commercial entity to adopt it.
Does anybody know if this is in the works?
Apparently it's meant to improve VR performance too, although I'm not too sure if that's the case yet.

I believe it's already been discussed over at the official forums and I think reasons were the fork you mentioned and the exclusion of everyone not on nvidia hardware

maintaining two builds and alienating folks with the "wrong" graphics card wouldn't be easy for a small dev such as kunos

I bet if you asked iRacing they would tell you that SMP was a waste. It forces a 45 degree angle on the monitors for optimum viewing without distortion and most of the folks aren't using it. It's one of those things that NVIDIA pitched as a great idea and basically abandoned.

I bet if you asked iRacing they would tell you that SMP was a waste. It forces a 45 degree angle on the monitors for optimum viewing without distortion and most of the folks aren't using it. It's one of those things that NVIDIA pitched as a great idea and basically abandoned.

That's true, it currently warns you it has a limitation to up to 45 degrees, but the reduction in FPS for me is real enough and I don't always have my screens at 60 degrees; besides, ACC currently limits you to a fixed zero degrees, so up to 45 would not that be an improvement?
if SMP improves enough and supports 60 degrees or more, what's not to like?

Plus, isn’t supporting Raytracing in the same spirit? Yes you can do raytracing on AMD, just not fully hardware accelerated, AFAIK?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back