Nvidia not detecting all monitors

A few times now, when Windows updates, or some other process - this time it was after doing an off-line virus scan - my monitor settings get messed up.

I open Nvidia settings, reset all, adjust for bezels, and away I go.

This time after I had it set up once, I wanted to go back in and set up a second time (I had changed my monitor angles), but Nvidia is acting up. It is not seeing all three monitors.

This is what I get when opening up Nvidia control panel:
The fist time I set it up, I could see all three of my monitors here, now I only get this.
1641142715266.png

Below, you can see here it is detecting the three monitors:
1641142807093.png

But when I go here, to try to adjust for bezel correction, I only get the graphic (the highway gui thingy) on one side, it does not switch to the other side when clicking on the box for V2.

1641142958710.png

The strange thing is, that it worked the first time I went in to set it up, but now it doesn't. I made no changes between the two attempts at setup.
I have updated the Nvidia driver, even though that would not make sense, at it worked once!

Strange, and frustrating.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey @mgh24

Try detecting them with the Windows in built "Display Setting" first and then go into the nvida control pannel.

When I switch stuff about on my monitors some times I need to change stuff in the windows app first to get the monitors to be picked up.

That was a good idea, and it confirmed that my system is detecting one monitor with a resolution of 7680X1440. When I click on "detect" it cannot detect any other displays.

Thanks for the tip.

Personally I don't use the bezel corrected resolution of 7740x1440 but simply the 7680x1440. Of course with the highway gui thingie configured with the 52 degrees angle of my side monitors. This worked out better for me in racing sims. Then in each game I set up the whole triple mon thing once again.

I know my NVIDIA card has a max resolution of 7680x4320 which is actually 8k. But I don't actually know if going beyond that maximum width, could sometimes cause issues for Windows.

I assume you use 3 displayPort cables of the same type? You could also try to set it to 100hz and see if that gives a different result.

Last edited:
Yes, using the three DP cables that came with the monitors (Dell 32").

I tired changing resolution to single monitor resolution, and it simply displayed on my center monitor. I did not try changing it to full triple (non-bezel corrected). I'll try that, but it seems to be a glitch somewhere in which Windows, or Nvidia, is not detecting all displays.

I am nervous about changing the displays to different ports, (just as an experiment) for fear that it will just make things worse.
IF I have a restore point, I may try that, but again, if I end up being in a worse situation, where I can't use the triples at all, I'll be in a world of hurt!

Thanks for the reply, and I'll try the non-bezel corrected resolution to see if it has an affect.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back