Nvidia driver issues

I got upgraded to windows 10 1909 and then upgraded to GPU driver version Nvidia 441.66.
Got a RTX 2070.
Right after I update all is working great but next day none of the sims are working.
The old Simbin dx9 sim's lose control of the mouse while rf2 and Pc2 just shuts down and after a short time the display stops working.
Have run DDu in both normal mode and safe mode several times.
I am not able to recover win 10 version 1903 anymore.
Right now I have not installed any Nvidia driver just the one installed by win 10
it says Nvidia driver version 26.21.14.3200 dated 24/07/2019

The last 3 driver from Nvidia got issues on my system.
The driver Win 1o installed works reasonable well. Can even run VR but colors are a little faded. The display goes dark when loading tracks in RF2 but as soon as the track is loaded is works fine again.
FPS are a little lower ~(5-10%) than with the 411.66 but it works.
Web browsing and office works normal. Just the sims have issues.

Any ideas whet the problem could be?
Trying to avoid reinstall Win 10 as our internet are fairly slow due to high season for tourist in the area where I live.

Believe I got the issue fixed.
While I do not remember I might sometimes in the past have download a DCH driver?
Or maybe that is the driver MS installs when you have removed the driver and it installs a Nvidia driver?

So only solution is to unplug from the internet run DDU twice I first ran it is normal mode and then booted into Safe mode and ran DDU again.
I actual rebooted to safe mode twice and ran DDU but second time is likely not need.
But only running DDU once insafe mode even with internet off was not enough!

Now running Nvidia Gpu driver 440.97.
The 441.66 is likely fine but there are no chance it ever will be installed on my computer again.

Yeah I think I will roll back too. The latest driver has a problem where the Nvidia driver crashes if you plug in a VR headset while also running triples in surround.
Glad you sorted your issue :thumbsup:

That latest 441.66 driver has introduced a slight micro-stutter to my ACC installation.
It is something which I have not had to deal with, until now.
The Nvidia 'game-ready' driver does not install to the latest 1909 version of Windows10 for me...only the DCH driver.
I can though, install earlier drivers, so I will be going back to my old and great stand-by...435.27.

The Nvidia 'game-ready' driver does not install to the latest 1909 version of Windows10 for me...only the DCH driver.
I can though, install earlier drivers, so I will be going back to my old and great stand-by...435.27.
Likely because Windows 10 Ver 1909 installs a DCH version if you remove driver with DDU. First the Microsoft basic driver gets installed but if you keep the internet on it installs a Nvidia driver.
But yes think 1909 and 441,66 are a mess for sim's. Believe it messed up my RF2 UI beta testing too.
Wish Windows 10 would not install anything without asking or at least give a notifications!

I just went back and tested a bunch of older Geforce Game-Ready drivers.
425.11 is 'screaming' fast and extremely smooth in ACC.
Not even a smidge of hitching or micro-stutter anywhere...replays included.
The only thing you will lose is GeForce Experience recording since it needs an updated driver.
Big Whup!
Be careful with that (GFE) and ACC.
It has a tendency to run every setting to epic if you leave game optimization on, which will 'gimp' most without the most extreme hardware.
I'll take the absolute smoothness over recording.

Last edited:
Thanks Terry the 425.11 drivers gave my vr a boost in ac
It is really a great driver isn't it?
I ran a race online last night at the Nurburgring with about ten other cars.
Went back and studied the replay afterward and it looked like it was recorded from television.
There was not a single stutter in the entire 16 minute race.
This is from another race at Monza but despite the Youtube induced mico-stutter, you can get a pretty good idea of the benefit of that driver.
I won't be changing drivers anytime soon.

Last edited:
New game ready driver released today.

"this driver also includes Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS). This improves image quality in VR games by separating shading rate and resolution to improve different parts of the frame that you’re focused on in VR."

Hopefully it's a good one. Fingers crossed!

I'd be interested to see if the framerate cap will mean I don't need to use in game V sync (I have synch set to video in rF2). I'm using Riva Tuner to limit frameratee ATM but I guess I'm introducing input lag with V sync.

I read somewhere Denis that you are better off with it enabled and that it has less input lag than with vsync off.
I think it was someone on this forum that provided the info.
I just upgraded to a 2080 to get triple gsync with freesyns 75hz monitors. It works great most of the time but I get the odd black screen here and there for 3-4 seconds.
If anyone had any tips on that I'd be very grateful too.

What is a Clean Driver?

Clean version of Latest x64 drivers for Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7 x64.
Everything removed except:
  • Core Driver files
  • PhysX
  • HD Audio
  • Key RTX features (RTX drivers only)

P.S. To do manually scroll down page and click on "Spoiler" ...very easy

Last edited:
Tried the new driver last evening and it did not have any of the weird anomalies like 441.66. No micro-stutter, etc...
VR clarity was also a bit improved...although I never really suffered with that aspect.

What is a Clean Driver?

Clean version of Latest x64 drivers for Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7 x64.
Everything removed except:
  • Core Driver files
  • PhysX
  • HD Audio
  • Key RTX features (RTX drivers only)

Assume you not the creator and only apply the link, but isn't this the same (more or less) as select "Advanced" during installation, and unselect the stuff you don't want/need? Have doing that for an long time, since a couple of versions the telementry isn't installed in my case at least (when it was, I just inactivated the service).

Last edited:
Yeah I think I will roll back too. The latest driver has a problem where the Nvidia driver crashes if you plug in a VR headset while also running triples in surround.
Glad you sorted your issue :thumbsup:
Is anyone aware if recent driver fixes this problem?

I know and it happened over Christmas when many were changing gpu in their system.
The cards cost a fortune but the software is crap.
I have the driver crash when I plug in my VR hmd if my triples are in surround.
I have the black screen issue with freesync also.
It's crazy stuff. They are just 100% focused on releasing incremental performance increases for more and more money. Total scam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back