Nvida drivers crashing Windows 10

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Paul Bennett, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    Anyone having issues with Win 10 drivers random crashes, seems to affecting new an old GPU's.

Screen locks up the mouse still moves then just crashes out, all I see is a "Kernel" issue. Did a bit of a Google found lots of threads out there, seems Nvida have n't really fixed anything yet.

My GPU an old 9800GT but it's listed as supported ?

2. Stiggus Maximus

Stiggus Maximus

Ratings:
    +7
    My 980ti does the same thing now and then.

Are you overclocking the card at all?

3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    Hi' did n't get alert for this , no never overclocked the GPU. Now have new PC with a GTX 960 2gb all okay.

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,404
    I had this constantly with my old PC. Literally almost drove me nuts. Never found a solution for it either.

5. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    That "kernel" thing was very frustrating , but I'm a fan of his fried chicken :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Ari Johansson

Ari Johansson
    Traffic cone/speed bump

Ratings:
    +26
    My GTX 760 has worked (surprisingly) well with win 8.1 and I'm getting pretty annoyed by the "get your free upgrade to windows 10!!" -spambox appearing every time I fire up my rig. I'm not going to, however, until nvidia fixes their seemingly abundant kernel issues, also tired of endless "easy to upgrade" -operating system installations, which are never a) easy b) upgrades c) stable from the get go.
    So my plan is to win the lottery and buy a full simulator and use my other PCs as fishing accessories. :D I know this does not help you in any way, but I had to rant. Sorry, been at work all night doing a 12-hour shift. :sleep:

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,127
    yeah though Im pretty sure that was hardware fail.

If you don't intend to do it you can remove the windows update that added that notification. More info here -> http://microsoft-news.com/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-notification-on-windows-7-and-windows-8/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ari Johansson

Ari Johansson
    Traffic cone/speed bump

Ratings:
    +26
    Great, cheers! :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1