Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: NSU TT / Race2: Lotus Elan
Track: Charade 70 v1.1
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Combined Prac & Quali: 30 min (no lap limit)
Race: 2 x 8 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins and those included with NSU mod only.

Race1 was lots of fun with Stu, but then I messed up and spun it many times lol.

Race2) The first few laps where Stu, Gary, and I were close together were awesome. Then Stu has an off and I steal second. I can't catch Gary (what's new lol) and the gap between me and Bob H who is running 3rd gets smaller and smaller until I have Bob right up my trunk. I loose my concentration just a bit, go a bit hot into the downhill left hander that's right after the chicane, smack into that dirt that lines the sides and do some really amusing acrobatics. When I land my car is still running, but I was still standing on my front bumper with my rear wheels in the air when I hear the rest of the grid coming. I quit out because I didn't want to cause an accident. Wow, held second to almost the very end and finished it off with a DNF, lovely lol.

Beautiful track, too bad about all those spots you can disappear into.

NSU was brilliant, easy to drive, easy to get out of a jam, didn't have much issues, but did have lots of fun.

Lotus, on the other hand... Horrible... Did 2 laps in practice, liked it, despite the understeer. Easy to correct.
Then the race. Not one clean lap. My second practice lap in that car was 3:42, my fastest race lap was 3:50, LOL.
I had so many epic crashes, I'm not sure how I made it to the end. Was the damage turned off or something? This was really bad, even with reduced damage, I should've killed the car 3 times.

Also, it's a miracle I didn't fall through the map, I was everywhere. Must've been my lucky day.

Race 1: struggled to keep these cars in a straight line in qualie, and all was well until turn 6/7 (hairpin) when i totally lost control, and no doubt caused a lot of confusion for those behind me. I wasn't trying to pass anyone, and didn't outbrake myself, just ran out of talent, so sorry about that. Managed to finish 4th (just behind Nigel in his tastefully liveried car) due to toher's misfortune.

Race 2: The ELan felt a lot better to me, and i was in the leading group for a while. Got ahead of a recovering Thommo, only to spin it. After that i tried to be more conservative, and kept the car as far away from the walls/dirt as possible, and was rewarded with a podium after Thommo and Carlos both encountered problems. Frankly, i didn't deserve it. (I even went off twice in the last lap, perhaps as a sub-concious punishment for being cack)

Thanks everyone, clean racing all-round again! Hopefully i'll get my stupid ffb settings sorted for the next GTL event! (Already tried Thommo's and Warren's, nothing i've found feels right yet)

The fun just keeps on coming with GTL.

Has a good quali for race one and sat 2nd on the grid. Get away clean and 1st into T1. Carry on, and oh what a carry on, half way round I was a little late on the brakes, tried to haul it up and go round the corner & I'm sure everyone knows the outcome of that. Wait for the pack to pass, get facing the right way & I'm off again. After another couple of spins, pushing too hard and trying to get round others that have spun, I finally bring it home in 6th.

Race 2, quali not so good but tweeked my setup for the race which helped alot as I knocked 5 seconds of my quali time. Found myself in 4th after a few turns and settled into a nice rhythm. Just kept it on the black stuff with Ross in close attendance. Started to pull a little gap on Ross & a little later came accross a spun out Thommo. Now upto 3rd & around half distance I started the push on Carlos. Lap after lap I closed the gap until the last lap on was right on his tail. From here I was just going to follow Carlos round as there are few overtaking spots. Half way round and in close attendance Carlos goes to hot into the hairpin complex and overshoots the lefthander. I felt a bit robbed at this point after putting in all the effort to close him down and he goes a thows in down the swanne. Unlucky mate was looking forward to a photo finish there. So with that I was promoted upto 2nd.

Thanks Thommo for what is a classic track with some nice car combo. Grts to Thommo & Lenno on their respected wins, wd to the rest of the podium places but more than this thanks to all the guys that showed up and raced clean, respectful and fair. Until next time..........

I most say GTL gives me more fun than i expected!!

For this race i would say....nice car, fun to drive with if you find yourself a good setup, and my setup was good enough for me. But the track....OMG. The road was perfect with all the corners and braking points @ difficult places, i love that very much. BUT, but, but both races ended for me in a endless freefall?!?! Where i was afraid of, exactly that happend. That was very dissapointed.

I did my qual in 1,47 for race 1, and 1,35 for race 2. That was the happy part.

hopefully next time better

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back