Nordschleife lap times - GT's

Hi,

I've been getting into this track online, with the GT Pro/Club/Sport class, and am baffled by the lap times some are getting: 6.30's!
Even as the Dodge Viper or Koeneiissgghghfgjhdgfhdgfjdgfhdk I still can't get under 7 mins, despite not making (m)any mistakes and cornering pretty well (or so I thought).

Is there gear ratio magic on the big straight to be had?? Would anyone care to divulge?
I know of the pit "shortcut" :)

Thanks
N

Nigel, if it takes "shortcuts" to make the best times, doesn't it seem like a bit of wasted time? I would rather find out what the real normal times are and not how to make those "shortcuts" as the normal times will help you improve, the others will just make it more difficult against others.

Thanks, that video is very a useful guide as I suspected the lines are probably the most significant key. However, there is definitely some setup in that... he gets 296 km/h on the main flat straight, whereas I get only 280 with 1 lap fuel, default setup. Also, the coming on the gas out of corners he does very soon which I'm sure there's an element of extra stability from having suspension/shocks setup (as well as mostly skill I agree).

PS. When I speak of a shortcut, it's just that you can go left down the pit and get the first lap timed, rather than having to do a full lap first, which just takes time and you lose grip. Not really a shortcut

:confused:
wat an insane lap!!
I'm more than 33 sec slower
I just started driving the R8 on the nordschleife but i knew the circuit already
from driving the accord on it, so maybe I'll still have to get used to the car
but no way I'm getting even near that laptime...
I'll be a happy man if I can beat AI on it in quali at 100%

Nigel,

don't be mislead by that very long straight on NOrds. It represents a miniscule amount of time in your total lap. YOu want to hustle that car while not scrubbing any speed anywhere along the first 6 minutes or so.

if you could dare to run a lap in MOTEC I2 PRO and evaluate the amount of tim eyou are at WOT vs BRaking you'd be rather surprised what the data wil tell you.

Cheers!

Sander his lap is al you need. There is no magic setup. Just lines and talent. :)

Phenomenal lap Ivo! that was awesome. By your video, i see where im losing my time. hah! my GT5 friends think they are good on ring. man you just trumped them bad. definately a course which requires talent, not just setup. My best time is 7:04 with Corvette C6R on this game, 6:26 on GT4 with the Toyota GT1.

It's a hard track. The best I've managed in the DBR9 is 6:50. Got some work to do I guess. :) Is that video really done on the default setup? Seems crazy fast if it is.

Also, I never noticed the graffiti on the circuit which says "Ayrton Senna, wish you were here". That's a really nice touch.

I've been driving the r8 around this circuit for over two bloody months now
and my best is a 06.41.5XX (certainly no default setup)
how on earth is that laptime possible from sander?!?
maybe it was driven in arcade mode? ;-) (just kidding)
I've been watching his vid several times
and I just don't understand how he can take a lot of those slower corners in third gear
revving it almost to the limit and still have such a high topspeed at that long straight

much respect for that time but he must be an alien
(please tell me he's an alien!!)
is my time anywhere near a decent online laptime
or am I still waayyy off the pace?

By the way,
are these times representative for offline comparison as well or
do you have online more or less grip what makes them rather irrelevant then?

and is there much difference between stcc en wtcc in physics?
cause the laprecords on some circuits are very different sometimes

The grip level for offline play is usually a little bit higher than online play, I suspect partially due to the lag that is inherent to all of us online. The time you are able to race offline will be quicker than those online.

As for the difference in the WTCC and STCC, if you are running the same car at the same track, it should result in the same time. By same car, I mean that you chose the car from the exact same place in the menu's each time. If there is for instance a version of the SEAT in both the STCC and WTCC folders, they are likely different for physics and thus will have different times on the track.

I have never really driven the Nordschleife in race07. The one in GTR2 from Com8 (before they changed standard) I did a 6:32.x or so in a Lambo.
This Nordschleife..

I'll have to practice again since I never really was into the GT-kind in race07..

First sub-7-minute lap at Nordschliefe!!

I just had my first Nordschliefe lap that was under 7 minutes and I'm really happy about it!!

Official time: 6:56.655 with the Corvette C6R (all assists off, manual transmission... auto-clutch)
Prior to that, my best time was 7:01 in the BMW M3 (same settings)

I know that's probably not very impressive to you guys, but it's an accomplishment for me, so I wanted to brag about it:redface:!!
Ever since I bought Evolution last week, I have become obsessed with this track. I've heard people say it's addicting and WOW they're right!!

I've probably run it about 50 or 60 times, and all I can think about it running it again. I'm not necessarily pushing for great times, but trying to just have a good smooth run. The times are just the icing, not the goal.

As you get more and more comfortable with the flow of the track, you will see that you are able to make it without mistakes. Once this happens you are going to start seeing lap times start to fall and then you will be really impressed. :) The down side to this track is that it has so many curves and turns it is very difficult to remember them all and where your brake points are due to the length. You have to run the track quite a bit in order to get those down right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back