• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

No offline racing?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Jason Mullin, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +377
    Just purchased a house and moved to South Florida, made sure I had all my sims up to date before the move.

Setup my rig today (forgot how much fun hiding 300 meters of wiring is) fired up Raceroom and denied.

I guess I'm late to this party and my ISP won't be around until early next week, is it true we cannot play Raceroom at all if we're not connected to the server?
    If so, why is that?

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,417
    RaceRoom was originally a LAN game designed to be used at tracks to advertise KWS who funded it and are still a major source of revenue and influence. That continues to this day.
    It started off with only single player and MP was only added in 2015 but it needed to be locked down due to its other function, so no offline and certain parts are retained on the servers.
    That's a brief summary, I know it's no consolation but hopefully you'll be up and running again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +377
    I understand and thank you for the explanation.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +112
    OK @kenny
    Thanks for the historics info.:thumbsup:
    But just of curiousity is it still possible to setup Raceroom as a strictly LAN system?

OK thinking about it then probably not - because a strict LAN system dont have any connection to the net (and Steam:sneaky:)
    Right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.