XB1 No game should be sold in this state!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own AC for the PC and have just bought the XBox version after hearing that launch issues had been fixed with upgrade 1.03. I had a very unpleasant surprise. Graphics are extremely poor, with annoying glitches and defects, and there are constant screen rate drops even in practice mode with no AI cars around. These drops are so frequent and intense that look like mini-lockups, making it impossible to drive. On top of that, I get a constant large warning on top of the screen, which cannot be closed, informing that the server could not be contacted (even in offline mode).

It is somewhat understandable to have game bugs with the PC, given the diversity of hardware, but certainly not with a console, where testing conditions are always the same, and particularly not when those are not occasional bugs, but permanent flaws. It's no wonder that in online mode all servers are empty. This is by no means a game that should be sold in the state it is right now.

I am trying to get a refund with Microsoft, but I am writing this as a warning to other users: if you know AC from the PC, don't expect anything even close. The console version is unplayable.

Last edited:
Same as the PS4, though i won't say its unplayable just not even close to as good as the fans would of had you believe. As a game its just so vacant and sloppy in its finish.
The FFB and physics are so over hyped also. I just don't ever want to give it my time. Wish Race Room had come to consoles instead of this awful Forza / GT rip off with arcade game throw back modes. Awful.

Same as the PS4, though i won't say its unplayable just not even close to as good as the fans would of had you believe. As a game its just so vacant and sloppy in its finish.
The FFB and physics are so over hyped also. I just don't ever want to give it my time. Wish Race Room had come to consoles instead of this awful Forza / GT rip off with arcade game throw back modes. Awful.

Can't speak for the console versions as I don't play on them but if you want to know what all the FFB hype is all about I suggest you play it on a well speced PC, then you'll understand.

Wish Race Room had come to consoles instead

Yeah, you'd find way more to whinge about with R3E than with AC. It doesn't have a wheel calibration wizard even on the PC side and the FFB settings are a nightmare to setup, and there's no career mode whatsoever. The AI is also super aggressive and would likely punt you into the grass very often. ;)

I posted the original rant precisely because I own and enjoy the PC version of AC. I thought nothing could possibly be worse than the console version of Project Cars - particularly because it is already seriously flawed in the PC – but I was wrong. The console version of Assetto Corsa is just a ripoff and should not be sold in the present state by any self-respecting developer.

I posted the original rant precisely because I own and enjoy the PC version of AC. I thought nothing could possibly be worse than the console version of Project Cars - particularly because it is already seriously flawed in the PC – but I was wrong. The console version of Assetto Corsa is just a ripoff and should not be sold in the present state by any self-respecting developer.

My comment was in response to totheapex not your OP.

• Deleted member 130869

I saw it heavily discounted here, for a split second I considered renting it but remembered the issues. By the way, the guy who owns the company reads this forum but I doubt you'll get a response, unlike in other topics. Good luck with the refund!

Can't speak for the console versions as I don't play on them but if you want to know what all the FFB hype is all about I suggest you play it on a well speced PC, then you'll understand.

But we were told the physics and ffb would be the same as PC? So Kunos lied? Why bring out a console version at all? Says on my copy all i need is a PS4 says nothing about a 'well spec'd PC'.
Pretty disgraceful even by industry standards...

But we were told the physics and ffb would be the same as PC? So Kunos lied? Why bring out a console version at all? Says on my copy all i need is a PS4 says nothing about a 'well spec'd PC'.
Pretty disgraceful even by industry standards...

You've obviously never had to deal with Electronic Arts. Point being that a sim developed for a pc will never be the same on a console. Consoles have limited resources while the only limit to the performance on a pc is determined by your budget. Not to mention that hardware on the pc is continually being updated and improved. I'm sure they have every intention to make the console version as close as possible to the pc, but its not going to happen overnight. If you really want to see what its like to have a developer over promise and under deliver go have a read on the EA support forums.

You've obviously never had to deal with Electronic Arts. Point being that a sim developed for a pc will never be the same on a console. Consoles have limited resources while the only limit to the performance on a pc is determined by your budget. Not to mention that hardware on the pc is continually being updated and improved. I'm sure they have every intention to make the console version as close as possible to the pc, but its not going to happen overnight.

I'm not sure any of that has much to do with how FFB feels though. I've seen reports from a few people who have played both versions and they all say the FFB feels the same between PC and consoles.

Last edited:
I'm not sure any of that has much to do with how FFB feels though. I've seen reports from a few people who have played both versions and they all way the FFB feels the same between PC and consoles.

If the physics thread is bogged down then it certainly would affect the ffb as the data would reach the device late. I know that from experience because when I first intalled AC (over 2 years ago) it still needed a lot of optimization and my system couldn't handle the data throughput so my ffb was always about 1/2 second off.

If the physics thread is bogged down then it certainly would affect the ffb as the data would reach the device late. I know that from experience because when I first intalled AC (over 2 years ago) it still needed a lot of optimization and my system couldn't handle the data throughput so my ffb was always about 1/2 second off.

Ok, but that's a PC and not a console. While that lack of resources on consoles has obviously had an effect on some of the bells and whistles, every report I've seen suggests the FFB on consoles feels pretty much the same as on a well-spec'd PC. So I don't think the statement "if you want to know what all the FFB hype is all about I suggest you play it on a well speced PC" is accurate. Granted I've only seen a few reports from people who have played on both platforms, but I haven't seen anybody saying the FFB was different/worse on consoles than on PC. Anyway, not trying to argue with you or anything, just sharing my feedback. :thumbsup:

But, the whole discussion is mute anyway because I'm quite positive that if dopedog Apex dude played on the PC he'd still hate it because it still has the time trial section with checkpoints and that means the whole game is automatically an arcade game in his mind. :rolleyes:

SimRacing should only be made for PC market, everything else is a waste of time
For many (including myself) the sim-racing adventure starts on the console. I used to play Gran Turismo 5 & 6 on my old PS3 quite a lot and eventually had to move to a PC environment due to lack of titles offering more realism back then. Now since Assetto Corsa is available on consoles there's no need to buy a PC only to play sim-racing - and that's awesome. It opens up the sim-racing to a lot of new people without the need of investment for a new PC to have some sim-racing fun!

Until you want more peripheral compatibility, triple monitors, VR, LED screens, mobile apps, mods, higher performance and bigger grids, ...
100% agree, but the entry to sim-racing is much easier with console/wheel, especially if you already own a console for some other games.
I doubt console sim-racing will ever reach PC like customisation/power and all PC only additions, but that's not a bad thing. More entry level platforms mean more potential future sim-racers, some staying on consoles forever (because it might satisfy their needs), some upgrading to PC's (like myself) and some even going wild with 3 screens/VR, better peripherals etc. And there's nothing wrong with that - it's just another platform to have fun on (with some limitations as you're mentioning) with little cost to enter and have a reasonably good sim-racing experience, that can always be upgraded if needed.

Yes, I don't disagree.

Just saying, because if you say there's no need for a PC anymore for sim racing because of AC on console then that might be technically true but you'll still be left wanting at some point as AC on PC just offers more functionality than the console platforms can even support. I can also add 'bigger variety of sim racing titles' to what I said above, since there is no perfect sim racing game.

Overall it's great that the sim racing genre gets more accessible though, this trend should continue (even with those 'it's too hard' reactions upon release).

Just saying, because if you say there's no need for a PC anymore for sim racing because of AC on console
Oh no, I must have not made it clear enough! What I meant is that for some people console sim-racing might be enough and as such they won't have to buy a PC to step into the sim-racing world as console might provide everything to satisfy their needs.

PC's and consoles can (and should) live in symbiosis - PC's offering more features/possibilities at higher cost, where the consoles can be that 'hassle free' lower cost choice, for people unsure whether sim-racing is for them without committing to a more substantial cost.
Sim racing needs PC's for modding and more cutting edge performance (big leagues or more immersive experience) and it needs consoles to reach more people and get them hooked up, regardless if they'll stay on consoles or convert to PC.

Sim racing needs PC's for modding and more cutting edge performance (big leagues or more immersive experience) and it needs consoles to reach more people and get them hooked up, regardless if they'll stay on consoles or convert to PC.

I fully agree, but certainly not with the current console incarnation of Assetto Corsa (or Project Cars, for that matter), which are so awful that they are more likely to scare people away for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back