No force feedback with Simucube - any solution?

Hello forum members,

I have no force feedback in AMS 2 on a Simucube 2 (Sport). AMS responds to the wheel appropriately (I can steer just fine), but nothing at all is fed back. The force feedback settings in AMS 2 don't seem to have any effect. (The Simucube works great in all other games I've tried.)

What am I missing? I do hope there is a solution.

Thank you for any help.

Hello,

I figured out the problem. During wheel calibration, the force feedback loads up as you turn the wheel. It's important to approach 100% lock, but not reach exactly 100%, or at least not to exceed it. If you do, the Simucube software clips, and although 100% remains there on the screen, it actually won't work at all.

If, instead, you go to something like 95-99% lock, no clipping will occur, and everything is fine (and it's probably best for the game to not reach actual lock anyway).

I did also follow guidance I saw elsewhere about turning the opposite lock - the second calibration step - to 540 degrees (in my case) to match what I set up in the Simucube software, which worked fine. The purpose of the second step really should be made more clear in the software, but that's a separate issue that didn't affect the force feedback.

In initial tests with the Brabham, the force feedback seems very good, though that car in this game is a lot more challenging to drive than the very forgiving Lotus 49c in Project Cars 2.

I hope this might help someone else one day.

It's important to approach 100% lock, but not reach exactly 100%, or at least not to exceed it.
Never happened on my wheel (Simucube 2 Pro), but I usually turn off FFB with the E-Stop during calibration, it's much more relaxed that way :)
The second calibration step is indeed to set the wheel rotation in game, which should always match your wheel rotation in the driver. It's just a weird way of doing so instead of just inputting a value like in ACC.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back