No AMS2 news on RD?

I'm just wondering (again) why is that a well hyped AMS2 update (v1.5) get no coverage on this site. There are all sort of news on a daily basis, many times simple speculations but no 'official' news presented on RD about this update. The manpower is clearly there, as every single iRacing or ACC hotfix find their way to the site but AMS2 is often ignored for some reason.

Anyways, life goes on...

Or this one:

Three of the five top stories on the news page are AMS2, and all three are from the last month.

Last edited:
You mean this one that was on the front page last week?
Sorry, the update of the article flew under my radar. I stand corrected.

Or this one:

Three of the five top stories on the news page are AMS2, and all three are from the last month.
To be fair, this one only said that the update was coming soon. But fair enough.

Okay, nothing to see here... :whistling:

I'm just wondering (again) why is that a well hyped AMS2 update (v1.5) get no coverage on this site. There are all sort of news on a daily basis, many times simple speculations but no 'official' news presented on RD about this update. The manpower is clearly there, as every single iRacing or ACC hotfix find their way to the site but AMS2 is often ignored for some reason.

Anyways, life goes on...

Probably because like everything on the Madness engine the hype isn't real...

1.5 has been a bug fest on top of the grip being overblown...

The newest bug is the set up changing during the pit stops...

No wonder people were calling me crazy earlier this year for even considering modding for it...

Probably because like everything on the Madness engine the hype isn't real...

1.5 has been a bug fest on top of the grip being overblown...

The newest bug is the set up changing during the pit stops...

No wonder people were calling me crazy earlier this year for even considering modding for it...
First of all, I've already aknowledged that I was wrong in my OP as the news was presented on this site, just not in a separate article but as an update of a previous one.

This has nothing to do with the fact that you suggest that RD should only keep us updated about the sim racing news only if the sim in question meets your personal quality standards.

I really don't want to play these childish sim wars, that wasn't the point of my OP but if you think finding an old post about a sim that you don't like, commenting something totally irrelevant and giving a laughing smiley is the way how adults communicate these days, then I can't help you. Please give me another 'haha' emoji just to make your day perfect. Cheers! ;)

<-- This one :)

1693669376960.png

Last edited:
I honestly think AMS2 will always have too much space on any real simracing forum. Which simracer is interested in this odd, arcadish, floating and slippering game?

Yeah I agree the Forza end of the spectrum gets too much attention on here... All these Ian Bell articles can go in there as well... It's been well over a decade since GTR2 he's irrelavent to sim racing now...

But casual motorsports titles where 10 laps on defaults is all that matters sell well... So I guess it's easy clickbait for RD...

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 85 64.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 57 43.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 34 25.8%
Back