Nixim mod

Hello, I've jsut recieved the Nixim mod v2 for my G25 pedals and mounted the springs into the pedals. One thing baffles me however. As usual, there were two springs, one for the clutch and one for the brake. They are of different length and thickness. The website shows that the longer and thiner spings is for clutch, the shorter thicker spring with the rubber is for the brake.

However, the piece of paper attached to the envelope showed it the other way around. It says that the longer spring is for brake and the shorter one for clutch. I was quite confused, so I decided to check the website and mount it in a way it arrived (the rubber wasplaced inside the shorter thicker spring).

Yesterday it seemed fine to me, but when I tried it today, I noticed that the spring which is in the clutch right now seems a bit more progressive and heavy. Anotehr thing that confuses me is that the brake should not progress at the same pace, the pressure needed should rise ver quickly int he last third of the pedal. The shorter and thicker spring is made completely progressive however, the spring doesnt look like it could provide a steep change of pressure required.

Could you help me please? It's definitely much better than the homemade rubber mod (basically Nixim mod v1), but I don't want to have it the other way around.

Ok. The brake should definitely feel beefier than the Clutch, no question. It may be worth taking the units apart again just to check. You can see the difference between the new Brake spring and the new Clutch spring in the photo on the Nixim site. If you place the two springs side by side then you can make sure which is which. Just wondering if you got the Brake assembly accidentally swapped with Clutch assembly when refitting ?

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is, I recieved a small piece of paper with information about the Nixim mod in the package. And it shows that the longer spring is for brake! I mounted it into clutch however, precisely as shown at Nixim mod website.

Upvote 0
The thicker spring is going to give the heavier feel along with the rubber piece you mount inside the spring to give you more firmness once you get near the end of the pedal travel. This is what makes the brake feel more progressive and "real".

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back