Next Rally Proposal

Warren Dawes

Premium
I need some urgent feedback from our Rally regulars (or those who might join it) regarding the next Rally.
Normally we have been following a fortnightly cycle, but I have a major problem for the next one if it is in two weeks. I'll be heading away on holidays the next day and this will cause big issues with retrieving results from the server.
Therefore, I want to propose that we schedule it for next week, and then maybe have a 3 week break until I return home again. Also, there is a planned RSRBR2010 Update 04 due out in about 8 days, and I'd like to get the next Rally done before that Update, in case we have to sort out any Update issues.

So, here is the proposal: Run the Rally next week on Wednesday/ Thursday (for USA). The Rally will be based on Tomas' suggestion of the Group N challenge in England in fairly wet conditions.

I need feedback quickly, so I can get the sign up post organised over the next day or so.

Guys, I'd love to join in but working shift work it makes it a bit harder to commit each time. Next week would be out for me. Would anyone be willing to put together a calendar for say 6 months that would be "set in concret" regardless of what else happens? At least then it would be up in the air so much.

Guys, I'd love to join in but working shift work it makes it a bit harder to commit each time. Next week would be out for me. Would anyone be willing to put together a calendar for say 6 months that would be "set in concret" regardless of what else happens? At least then it would be up in the air so much.

Hi Rick and welcome to our Rally Club.
Sorry for any confusion about Rally schedules, but our "normal" schedule is to run every second Wednesday night (for European and Oceania timezones, Thursday night for USA). That is the regular schedule, but it can't always be "set in concrete" due to circumstances out of our control (ie. recent changes resulted from Rallyesim Server problems, and then I am away from home for a few weeks and can't reliably organise things for that period).

I'll try my best to get a firmer schedule out when I return. In the meantime, keep an eye on the RD European Racing Club Forum, or the Calendar, I try to get the Events posted well before the Event.

An alternate option: Rick, if you want to run one of our Rally's at a slightly different time (so long as it is within a day or so of our Scheduled Rally), I MAY sometimes be able to set up the same Rally on the Server for a start time to suit you better. I have done this before as an exception to help someone join our Rally. No "concrete" promises, but I try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate exceptional circumstances, provided I can do it within the Server restrictions (I can only have 3 Rallys set up at a time).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back