Next American Truck Simulator Map Expansion Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Map Expansion Preview 4.jpg

SCS Software have shown some teaser images from the next, as yet unannounced, map expansion for American Truck Simulator.

Usually SCS Software start to share images and anecdotes from upcoming map expansion DLC packs when development has reached an advanced stage, and judging from the quality of the screenshots attached to this article, the latest pack looks to be no exception.

ATS Map Expansion Preview 8.jpg

Breaking from tradition for these reveal images, SCS have this time decided to hold back on naming the region in which they are planning to add to the American Truck Simulator title, instead showcasing some images of the new expansion and leaving the guessing game to the community - your challenge has been set!

Good news for ATS fans, this does indeed look like an attractive new area for the very popular game - I'm looking forward to finding out more in due course... are you?

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

ATS Map Expansion Preview 1.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 2.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 3.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 5.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 6.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 7.jpg

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums to get involved with the community today!

Love what we do at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I wonder what is feature and technically wise more advanced - ETS2 or ATS? Or are they the same just different theme? Thanks.
Well they usually do have the same features. Often ETS2 is getting them a tad earlier but it's just a few weeks between.
However generally I find ATS more challanging to drive. Trucks do have a longer wheelbase (bigger turning radius), visibility often is worse and the drop of yards are smaller and more difficult to park on.

Well they usually do have the same features. Often ETS2 is getting them a tad earlier but it's just a few weeks between.
However generally I find ATS more challanging to drive. Trucks do have a longer wheelbase (bigger turning radius), visibility often is worse and the drop of yards are smaller and more difficult to park on.
Is ATS any easier regarding performance? Asking because i am using VR and ETS is really on the edge with my high-end rig

So if you can drive across deception pass, and down Whidbey island, I am curious if you can take the ferry from Keystone to Port Townsend, or if you can go to the south end of the island and take the Clinton ferry to Mukilteo. It will be interesting to find out.

F_B

Premium
Is ATS any easier regarding performance? Asking because i am using VR and ETS is really on the edge with my high-end rig

Same problem here. Running a Ryzen 2600X with a GTX 2080 VR is still demanding, even though I don’t have everything maxed out. I wish they would change their engine to DX11, that probably would improve the performance.

James Cook

Marcas fan
Pacific Northwest so obviously Washington State. Pretty much expected and will be cool to run I-5 from one end to the other. I'm hoping for Utah and Colorado next to square-off the game area a bit.

Regarding performance; I found the game to be very CPU limited. When switched from an i5 to an i7 CPU I got a massive performance boost.

If anyone has ever driven up a logging road, you'll know that the road in the first image is WAY WAY to wide. Most logging roads are a single bulldozed path carved up a hillside. The logging drivers coming down with a heavy full load have to be extremely cautious but speedy. Time wasted on the hillside results in fewer runs to the mill each day.

Fineraft

SLF Racing team-owner
I wonder what is feature and technically wise more advanced - ETS2 or ATS? Or are they the same just different theme? Thanks.
It's not easy to say, but ATS is newer. ATS' map is the most advanced but the latest DLC for ETS2 are on par map wise. The base map of ETS2, however, is quite old. That's why they are currently updating the base map because it's quite old. They first started with updating Germany and when that's finished they will start on the UK, because those two are the oldest maps. Technically they are the same. So yes, it's the same game with a different theme.

Last edited:

Fineraft

SLF Racing team-owner
Pacific Northwest so obviously Washington State. Pretty much expected and will be cool to run I-5 from one end to the other. I'm hoping for Utah and Colorado next to square-off the game area a bit.

Regarding performance; I found the game to be very CPU limited. When switched from an i5 to an i7 CPU I got a massive performance boost.
I hope it will be Colorado. For me, we went up enough north. I hope they start to expand land inwards. I love ATS right now. Sometimes I can't even choose between ETS2 and ATS. Guess this is maybe because I love to travel to the USA, doing a road trip.

I wonder if they would release more than 1 state at a time? That's gotta be Washington, but seems like Idaho could be an add-on. Not much there in the way of cities. And they already made the "Welcome to Idaho" sign. :p
Anyway, more dirt roads is appealing to me.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000