Newbie needs help - Setup for Zolder with Porsche 911 GT3 R

Hi all,

I justed started my SIM racing career and just finished the young driver program. I've been granted seat in a Porsche 911 GT3 R, and are now in the process of mastering the Zolder circuit.

To get some track knowledge, I did many laps in free practice using a setup I found online

After many laps I was able to clock a 1:39, which might not been very fast, but gave me enough confidence to continue with my career and kick ass.

However, how wrong was I. In career mode, the car was really difficult to handle and I was constantly losing my rear in the mid to high speed corners, especially turn 1 and 2. This was with the same setup as in free practice.

After a while, I discovered that I apparently was using a different car in free practice. In practice I was using a Porsche 911 ii GT3 R, compared to a Porsche 911 GT3 R in career mode.

What's the difference between the 2 cars? And does it makes sense that the setup doesn't seem to work on the car that I am using in career mode?

Furthermore, which tweaks in setup can help me stop losing the rear in turn 1 and turn 2?

Thank you in advance! Would be great if someone can point me in the right direction.

Just tried it with the safe setup, but still the same issue. Some setup guru's around here?

Looking for some setup tweaks to stabelize the Car in turn 1, 2 and 4 of Zolder.

To be honest, I think you would be better off trying a different car, because the Porsches are always rather special to drive with their engine placement. That's more about your driving style and less about the car setup.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back