rF2 NEW! Truck race @ Norisring'08 sunday 26-10-2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh what a HONKING good time there tonight in my first ever rF event,as a recent convert to the broad church that is "rF" it was great,endearing me even more to this beautiful sim.
Dunno how the hell i ended up starting 5th,but was very pleased with the lap that secured it,shame i slewed into the pitwall to my right doing a terrible start dropping down the order a bit,dont ask me what the hell actually happened through the race though!.,,ive no idea:pound:...it was just a big frantic action packed blur of huge brightly painted trucks going everywhere,a series of flukes dodging my path through helped me reclaim some lost ground at the start.
I done my pit and opted for fronts change and my 20laps of fuel to go to the finish,but i didnt know when my pit was done,,,,i sat like a plank for too long i think,but out in 7th i think?,and got on with it,the longer the race went,the more comfy i felt with my "Big-Rig" and due to others misfortunes ahead i ended up finishing 3rd!!.....Lovely :dance:.
Gratso Ramon and Ben good stuff mates:peace:
Many Thanks Patrick and Andrew for this awesomeness,we want more trucks i think? :clap2:.

That was a nice event :)

Practice went well, qualify not. Too much traffic to get a good lap and later on I could not get the rhythm to steal the pole. I was still happy with my 3rd or 4th spot (don't remember).

At race-start i was lucky that I practiced the start earlier today, so was immediately 1st after T1 :)
Was good fun till we met some backmarkers. The damn trucks are very slow in avoiding an accident and a backmarker didn't see me.
This happened a couple of times during the race and got some crashes with others and the wall because of this.
Logically of course, only a tiny bit of mirror to work with. No problem guys :)
Daniel was doing an early pitstop, don't know if he needed repairs or so but he did the pitstop and saw him doing another stop some laps later. I guess stop/go?

I did my pitstop in lap 24 as planned with 17 remaining laps of fuel. It worked out great. Exit the pits in 3rd position with number 2 going in pits a lap later. Could get the 1st spot just before Mark did his pitstop. So I had a comfortable lead of 12 seconds till the end.
In the very last lap my left front suspension broke and I crashed into the wall. Lost 6 seconds but could still finish and win the race.

Black Visor Motorsport stole the whole podium, great work Ben and Gary :)
Our first event was a promising start hehe

See you next time guys, thanks for the great fun.

Qualy:
Had a good pace tonight with the trucks :dance:. 0,600 faster then P2 :peace:on pole :dance:.

Race:
Start was bad. Ramon overtaked ne into T1. Then close racing and a lot of fun. I tryed sevral times to overtake, but alwys made some mistakes, LOL. Also good battle with Robert :peace:. Lots of fun tonight. After a mistake of Ramon then I earned p1 :peace:. Then I decidet to do my pitstop...

I'm so stupid I cant beliieve it:dizzy::wacko::shocked::doh: I was 6 times in pits with 4 Drive throuh penaltys. I think thats a new record in asininity. After the 6th time in pits I realised, that the pitlane begins where the traffic light are not on the withe line a few meters in back :doh::dizzy:. :censored:
I still can't believe it :nono:.
I tryed then to push like the hell my truck. Was on p14. Regained quickly to the man infront of me, but a few times I hit the wall with my right front. I thougt that truck is robust and its no problem hitting the wall a bit... but then 7 laps to go, I braked normally into T1 and the right brake broke :suspicious::ohwell: lost controll and full speed into the wall. :wacko: . Tryed to pit and repair it, but that dont work. So againg into the wall and race :suspicious::ohwell:over

Lots of fun tonight and I'm surprised of my pace with trucks :D I would be awsome if we had more events like that. Its really close racing with trucks and really funny :).

Here some statistics if you want to look at:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Andrew Evans

guys, this one was all patricks work, so kudos to him! :thumb:

Thanks guys for the opportunity to race with you. These trucks are awesome fun. Too bad I can't drive them yet. My race ended quickly but had some fun in practice. Sorry for anyone whose way I was in. It's been awhile since I've raced. I thought big, clumsy, slow trucks would be good for a start. Apparently they require a bit more finesse then I thought and brakes that need to warm up a couple laps before they're any good.

Kudos to RD guys for putting this together. Hope there's more in the future.

Couldn't get on with them at all in the race and hit a few people so sorry about that. On lap 10 i slid it into the wall at turn one and bent it a bit and thought i may aswell leave, rather than carrying on hitting people by accident.

Thx to everybody for another fun race guys !!!:woot:
Started 6th or 7th and after 2 corners up to 4th....but that didnt last long:)
Someone in front of me lost it and i couldnt avoid him so wrecked my steering.
Had to pit earlier then planned and brought more fuel to try and finish with my truck. Race was going well i think i had Mark A for 25 laps in my mirror and managed to stay in front of him. Then i think Mr Holman got in my way there and i crashed again :( another pitstop to try and get back .
Well 9th in the end was fine by me and a great race with a full grid :peace: The Trucks will return !!
Cya all in next race ,Cheers !:wave:

Wow these trucks where a blast.

Q14 and finished P10 so was just happy to finish LOL.

Lap 1 had me giggling to myself as we played pinball with our big old trucks.

Track choice i thought was excellent as although quite narrow the barriers i think kept a lot of us on the track at times so promoted closer racing.

After playing this mod it has me wanting more rfactor and those that have seen some of my posts will know i have moaned quite a bit about rfactor so only good has come of this i think :)

So roll on the Go karts on Tuesday just now need to find some time to practice them :peace:

That was excellent. :) Qualified in 15th and finished the race 6th. It took a few laps and a few collisions with the barriers to get the feel these lumbering beasts but once I found the breaking points I really started to enjoy it . Please let's do it again. :D Hats off to Patrick for a really enjoyable event.:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back