F1 2011 New tracks in F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
A few new tracks on the 2011 F1 calendar that are not yet covered in the 2010 game and will hopefully come to us in 2011

• Nürburgring GP (German GP)
  • New Dehli (Indian GP)
  • Sakhir (Bahrain) the old short layout

I get where your coming from, really I do, but since this is a game imo there is no logical reason not to have as many tracks as can fit on the disk or whatever.

I mean more tracks cannot detract from the quality of the game therefore they add to it, if you don't want to play them don't, I'm not saying they make it a part of the campaign/season I just want to be able to play it in grand prix/time trials/custom multiplayer games, they could even make it so you could still add the entire rl season to the play list without any extra tracks. you wouldn't even know it was there unless you looked past the season tracks...lol we keep trading posts in this thread and the other.

In either case, the game is licensed to Codemasters by Formula One Administration, which is why there is, and will only ever be the drivers, cars, tracks (in 1 direction only) and rules, that appear in the current formula 1 season when the game title is produced / manufactured.

I get where your coming from, really I do, but since this is a game imo there is no logical reason not to have as many tracks as can fit on the disk or whatever.

I mean more tracks cannot detract from the quality of the game therefore they add to it, if you don't want to play them don't, I'm not saying they make it a part of the campaign/season I just want to be able to play it in grand prix/time trials/custom multiplayer games, they could even make it so you could still add the entire rl season to the play list without any extra tracks. you wouldn't even know it was there unless you looked past the season tracks...lol we keep trading posts in this thread and the other.

From what knowledge I do have codemasters are restricted by FIA what all they can do! And they cannot have any tracks but those in the F1 season. So instead of blaming the developers of laziness check into all the factor.

So IDK about other people but i am now curious about this "Jerez" test track. I would like to see a good excuse not to include it, other than the "waa theres no race at it waaa", duh its the test track.

The agreement between developer and FIA restricts the developer to including only those tracks where races are being held in the official season! (Maybe I was not clear enough in my earlier post) Also it restricts them from having only those drivers which are part of the 2010 season or will be in 2011 season for the next game edition. FIA is one of the most stringent licensing authority among all sports bodies. Due to their restrictions a track builder is also out of question.

the testing at Jerez would just be a pointless exercise unless your in a standard f1 car and you do a good lap and then the teams sign you up instead of you picking the team, then you work up through the ranks. Isn't that what Alonso done? He did start at Minardi!

and i'm sorta glad that Bahrain isn't on the calendar now especially as season opener., remember 2010? it was boring!

While I'm happy with the "official season" tracks, I think it would for example be nice to have Hockenheim in. Otherwise you would need to run parallel installations of 2010 and 2011 just to not "lose" a track option. And the idea to add practice/testing circuits is also brilliant and would give some variety (Mugello, Fiorino...)

So in short it doesn't have to be totally fictional (like F1 on Nordschleife) but giving a good choice of present day tracks that actual F1 cars are used on, making them "optional", that would be nice.

While I'm happy with the "official season" tracks, I think it would for example be nice to have Hockenheim in. Otherwise you would need to run parallel installations of 2010 and 2011 just to not "lose" a track option. And the idea to add practice/testing circuits is also brilliant and would give some variety (Mugello, Fiorino...)

So in short it doesn't have to be totally fictional (like F1 on Nordschleife) but giving a good choice of present day tracks that actual F1 cars are used on, making them "optional", that would be nice.

Codemasters are not allowed to include Hockenheim Helmut. Already confirmed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back