New to game would like some direction on mods

Hey guys already liking this game. I keep seeing all these exciting mods and i have no idea how to install these into the game. Is there some type of manual or direction that someone can give me so i could enjoy the greatness of these mods? Do we just download them and they install to the game?

Thanks

Hey keith i did like you said and it shows up in the calendar. But the standings dont have anything in it. just the calendar with the race winner. I customized the points with bonuses and what not but no names are showing up under standings. Do you know what im missing?

Thanks for all your help.

Yes, don't give up, you're nearly there.

Double click on the race in the calendar.
At the bottom of the screen, click on Drivers Points.
Assuming you have already set up your scoring, hit Execute, and the drivers points will appear.
click on Save Points for Champ (at top of screen)
click OK
Close this screen.
Now you can click on & view Drivers Championship at the side of the main screen.

Keith you've been my go to guy when it comes to this stuff. Really appreciate it. Ill try it when i get home. I might have one more setup question haha. This rfDynHud mod looks really great and i think im going to try and set that up. Is it pretty simple to use?

Thanks

Yes rFDynHUD is not too difficult to use - similar to Champ R-Esult in that once you get used to it it is easy to edit and use.
I like it & I used to use it a lot but in recent updates of GSC I have found it actually causes some micro-stuttering, so I have switched to TVStyle instead. It is not as comprehensive in its options, but what I really like is it's monitor while sitting in the pits - it has timing screen with sector times for all cars.

Happy to help with any questions if I can answer them :)

Hey Keith is tv style also a plugin? If so do you know where i can download it? All im looking for is live timing with maybe best laps and what not. Dont really need all the other widgets like water pressure and stuff. Also I've seen some videos where the track map is in a different location then where mine is. I run the formula vee and right now the track map is in the way of my mirror for cockpit view. Am i able to move it?

THanks

The TV style plugin is available on rFactorCentral. BUT the downside is, the trackmap ceases to work when using it! It can show a timing screen in the centre with all driver times including sectors, plus a race order on the leftof the screen. It is capable of showing revs, speed, G-force & other telemetry but I have those turned off.

To answer your question about moving the trackmap, yes, if you look in your GSC folder for the trackmap config.ini file (can't remember the exact name offhand), you can change the location of the map in the screen - you can set it to top/bottom/left/right, or by coordinates by trial and error I think.

Hey Keith got the championship creator to work. Really appreciate the help. Wasn't able to get either hub plugin to work, rFDynHUD is telling me to change some data for the track map but its all in a different language and im not sure what to look for. Cant find much direction on that one. Thanks again
Also i was able to change the track map location thanks to you.

Just in case you still want to try rFDynHUD, here's a link to my copy
https://www.mediafire.com/?gaebh0j8rmaom66
BUT important note I forgot to mention - it needs Java 6 runtime 32 bit to run, even on 64bit systems. So you have to find a copy and install it (it will work alongside other java versions).
ALSO - I have edited the displays for triple monitors, so it may not appear correct on your screen till you use the included editor to move the widgets around your screen to where you want them - it is not difficult but does need to be read up on to get used to the editor.
AND FINALLY - it contains D3d9.DLL AND D3d9_2.DLL. Back up your original and put both these files in it's place - it ensures that both rFDynHUD and trackmap will work together.

From outside GSC, go into your plugins\rfdynhud\editor folder and start rfdynhud editor launcher. Here you can load in your practice/qualifying/race/ garage screen and edit what you want to appear.
Add them from the menu, delete the ones you don't want, and save.

(sorry another long answer)
I set aggression very low in the menu (currently I am using 5%), and also vary it in the talent files, for open wheel racing in particular I find lower settings make the AI more aware of me and they behave more realistically, i.e. they do not constantly bang into each other or into the back of me. Don't worry, with damage at 70 or higher, they still have some clashes and lose bodywork.

The track situation is a difficult one - many are reasonably similar in difficulty, but some are certainly very different. But first you have to eliminate the possibility that you are slow in a certain bend or sequence of corners. In truth it is where I spend most of my hobby - I go to practice, and I spend AGES practicing, trying to get the best lap time I can, and then editing the AIW/gdb/tdf until the AI match me at 95% difficulty. Only then do I race it. In this way I gradually build up a set of these files for my offline racing. (trouble is, I keep starting all over again when Reiza bring out a new set of cars!)
It is painstaking, but it is really worth it, and I am getting my best offline racing ever with the new Extremes.

yes the aggression setting definitely affects the way the AI drive - setting it higher makes them more likely to spin on chicanes or go for overtakes but also to crash or hit each other. So I set it higher for tintop racing and low for open wheel.

So yes, they will definitely crash - even at low aggression, I see cars retire due to an accident - but you are more likely to see it at a street circuit, where the walls are close.

Engine or other failures? - on default settings, this is not so likely (can't remember the numbers offhand, it may be virtually impossible on default settings). But it is easy to change - go into engine file & look for engine lifetime & engine variation lines.
Change the numbers (in seconds).
So for example if you set lifetime to 7200 that is an average lifetime of 2hrs.
Then set variation to 3600, and the engine might fail anywhere between an hour & 3 hrs.
NOTE there may be more to the calculation that I don't know about, but after a LOT of testing, I have confirmed it does work pretty much this way.
Retirement reasons from this setting can be listed as engine, gears, or brakes. Other reasons are suspension, accident, or fuel (not sure I've ever seen puncture retirement?).
I definitely recommend editing this if you like good offline racing - apart from being able to set a realistic retirement rate, it really adds to the immersion to see a car smoking or even on fire as it pulls off the track.

If Reiza should read this, I really really hope they will not hide any more of these files, they are so important for us offline racers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back