F1 2013 New To F1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I've driven and raced F1 sim rf2 & rf1 and others for several years and trying now this F1 2013. I cant stand all the game stuff. How do I cut thru this stuff. I just want to set the car up and go test on track then join in online leagues.

But how the heck do I get to the setups other than the basic stuff. And how in the ^%$ do I get out on track by just driving out of garage myself? Instead of that stupid auto thing? Too gamey for me if that makes any sense.

There is no fancy set ups for this game, they are fairly basic , apart from what's available via the TV screen above your head when parked in the garage.

Nothing like rfactor or GSC etc.

If you want to see what a setup is like, look in our setup forum, that will give you an idea of what's available. Here is one for example

You cannot just drive out of the garage it doesn't work that way. You will be disappointed when it comes to pitting, as there is no driving in the pit lane once the limiter is engaged.

You could brake into your pit box (but not actually drive there) in F1 2010, but even that was removed the next year in F1 2011.

Codemasters always point to the FOM licence rules when it comes to the pit lane. Because of all the sponsors, teams etc. They do not want to see videos of their cars charging through the pit lane, running over engineers et al. So no control is available.

Welcome to a different world! :)

It amazes me how restrictive the FOM license is. I wish we had 100% control in the pits, but I can see the logic for not allowing it.

The trouble is, you never know whether to believe them or not. This is also the reason they use to explain why there is little car damage in crashes, as teams & sponsors don't want see fractured or burning car videos with their logo all over them.

I totally understand the crashes part, but I believe that there can be a way to manually drive in the pit lane and try to accurately hit your box, without being able to run over engineers. A bit of programming skill and a willingness to develop it is required. I am not sure they have either. Certainly not the latter.

In F1 2010 if you didn't brake correctly and hit the spot, your pitstop was longer, the crew pushed you into position. If you late braked, the front jack man was just pushed back fairly gently, and then you were pushed back, delaying the pit stop.

Run over engineers, lol. CM could exclude the engineers from collision so you would drive through them. In F1 2012 there was a bug where the guy who's got the jack didn't move but the jack itself lifted the car. The force was strong with that engineer.
So it could be all the same with tyres, it's scripted anyway so they could get collision = true if fixpoint = car, you know what I mean.

I guess pit lane automation is just about programming skills. They couldn't make AI properly to recognize what player's movement such as over- or under-speed, unsafe release and so on. It'll be difficult task because player's movement is unpredictable and also it'll cause a full of bugs. Do you remember that CM remove P1 and P2 last year? I'm certain that they couldn't fix tire issue in practice session and simply removed official F1 time table event, then they said 99% user never use P1 and P2. Automatic drive in pit lane is far easier to avoid all issues including development resources.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back