Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

New to ACC, couple of questions

Douglas Aird

Premium
I have had a copy of ACC for some time but not properly got into driving it. Having raced for a couple of months on AC I think I am ready to give ACC a proper go.

Having done a couple of short sprint races against the ai I was wondering about the HUD for the rolling start. Watching videos I have seen the instructions telling you where to position your car and if you are going too fast. When I do a start all I see is the regular hud element showing position compared to other cars. Do I need to change a setting?

Also, I have a G27, can anyone share their settings to save me some tweaking time? At this point I don't want to mess with the background files, by the way.

RasmusP

Premium
Also, I have a G27, can anyone share their settings to save me some tweaking time? At this point I don't want to mess with the background files, by the way.
Not sure about the rest as I'm a bit out of the loop for acc but this covers everything for the G27:

If you don't want to use my lut (which btw is just a smoothly curved minimum force and doesn't change the ffb at all apart from that), just copy all the settings in the game, put gain to 85-100% and minimum force to 13-17%.

With my lut, gain to 50%, min force to 0%.

RasmusP

Premium
I use your lut Rasmus with my G25.
80-90 % gain, 0% force min.
Not sure about dumping, i will check
Which of the luts are you using?
All apart from the "noclipbutstronger" (I should really scale it back to normal) are designed for 100% gain, lowering is always fine as long as you don't feel too much dead zone coming back.

I hope you're not using the noclipbutstronger one with 80-90% gain?

Little info about the noclipbutstronger:
It was an experiment if I could get around the ac clipping meter by lowering the gain and then scale the ffb back up with the lut, which sits after the clipping meter.

I felt that with thr ac gain already clipping but putting in a 500% ffb gain LUT, I could feel stronger ffb.
So I lowered the ac gain and scaled it back with the lut, but only to 100%.

I'm not sure if things work like that but the anti-deadzone curve I have created during this experiment felt the best of all I ever created so I kept it...

But I guess in theory I could calculate all the steps for 100% ac gain and it would feel the same.. Never did it though :p

manu68

Premium
It is indeed your lut
noclipbutstronger.

On my side i don,t see any clipping on the ffb.
I am not sure to understand why it is "wrong" to use it with ACC.
Which one should i use instead .

I am happy like that. That,s all that count, but i am always interested in learning something !