New to ACC, couple of questions

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
I have had a copy of ACC for some time but not properly got into driving it. Having raced for a couple of months on AC I think I am ready to give ACC a proper go.

Having done a couple of short sprint races against the ai I was wondering about the HUD for the rolling start. Watching videos I have seen the instructions telling you where to position your car and if you are going too fast. When I do a start all I see is the regular hud element showing position compared to other cars. Do I need to change a setting?

Also, I have a G27, can anyone share their settings to save me some tweaking time? At this point I don't want to mess with the background files, by the way.

Also, I have a G27, can anyone share their settings to save me some tweaking time? At this point I don't want to mess with the background files, by the way.
Not sure about the rest as I'm a bit out of the loop for acc but this covers everything for the G27:

If you don't want to use my lut (which btw is just a smoothly curved minimum force and doesn't change the ffb at all apart from that), just copy all the settings in the game, put gain to 85-100% and minimum force to 13-17%.

With my lut, gain to 50%, min force to 0%.

I use your lut Rasmus with my G25.
80-90 % gain, 0% force min.
Not sure about dumping, i will check
Which of the luts are you using?
All apart from the "noclipbutstronger" (I should really scale it back to normal) are designed for 100% gain, lowering is always fine as long as you don't feel too much dead zone coming back.

I hope you're not using the noclipbutstronger one with 80-90% gain?

Little info about the noclipbutstronger:
It was an experiment if I could get around the ac clipping meter by lowering the gain and then scale the ffb back up with the lut, which sits after the clipping meter.

I felt that with thr ac gain already clipping but putting in a 500% ffb gain LUT, I could feel stronger ffb.
So I lowered the ac gain and scaled it back with the lut, but only to 100%.

I'm not sure if things work like that but the anti-deadzone curve I have created during this experiment felt the best of all I ever created so I kept it...

But I guess in theory I could calculate all the steps for 100% ac gain and it would feel the same.. Never did it though :p

It is indeed your lut
noclipbutstronger.

On my side i don,t see any clipping on the ffb.
I am not sure to understand why it is "wrong" to use it with ACC.
Which one should i use instead .

I am happy like that. That,s all that count, but i am always interested in learning something !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%