Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GTE.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have been at it again, releasing images from eight of the new cars coming to Project CARS 2 at the end of 2017.

In the bulk screenshot release, SMS have shone a light on some pretty fantastic looking road and race machines that are due to make up just some of the 170+ cars scheduled to release with the base Project CARS 2 simulation at the end of the current year.

With famous names from the world of GT, endurance and Prototype styles of racing, plus some historically significant cars from over in Japan, this latest screenshot batch does Project CARS 2 proud when showcasing the staggering diversity of the content due to be a major feature of the game come release day.

Alongside the many new and improved features coming to the game, one thing Project CARS 2 and Slightly Mad Studios are keen to do for this latest release is diversify from the traditional background of circuit based racing. New disciplines in the form of Rallycross and off road racing will be making an appearance for the first time in the Project CARS franchise, as will the ability to select any car and track / terrain combination within the game - including ice!

So whilst we await a release of the game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in what is expected to be around September of this year, let us feast our eyes on these beautiful looking images taken directly from the game itself...

Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Ginetta G57.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Jaguar XJ220.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 650S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Nismo GT-R R35.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Skyline GT-R R34.jpg
Project CARS 2 OMSE RX Litw.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Looking forward to any of the new cars featured in this screenshot release? Can Project Cars live up to the expectations set by SMS do you think? What currently unannounced car would you like to see added to this game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Sad but true ....:(

So is there a specific aspect of the alpha that makes you feel this is a screenshot simulator? You're probably not allowed to go in depth due to the NDA. I'll try not to divulge too much as well, but I have yet to find anything in the alpha that is not better than the original (barring AI which is too slow), and yes, many people consider PC1 a disappointment. But a chunk of that is based on visuals that are so far ahead of anything, your expectation is that everything should be that leap ahead.

The main issue is and always has been that they did not infiltrate this forum and try and spam it with their PR and I respect Bram and others enormously for that.

Nogrip was collared, yet they have nothing on there now and virtualr has become a virtual PCARS release date website.

At least in here there is no favouritism. Just honest reviews and fair appraisal.

IMHO PC1 was way ahead on Xbox One compared to Forza, but I still found a quirkiness in it's handling. But it was my favourite game for a long time - I even changed my passwords to PcarsFan1 !. When Assetto Corsa came to console I was really blown away - that caused me to take the step to PC gaming.
Even though Automoblista, and even R3E do not have the same looks ( and AC not having the same day/night and rain effects ), I still felt much more satisfied after playing any of these games than PC1.
However I really hope that they will deliver this time - but all my racing is with the Racedepartment club - which do not have races for Project Cars.
I love great graphics - but I am sold on realistic driving experiences.

However I really hope that they will deliver this time - but all my racing is with the Racedepartment club - which do not have races for Project Cars.
I love great graphics - but I am sold on realistic driving experiences.
If Pcars2 will be quality, i am sure there will be club races here. If it won't, then it's probably not worth buying for a serious simmer. So you'll have a good indication about the product already ;)

If Pcars2 will be quality, i am sure there will be club races here. If it won't, then it's probably not worth buying for a serious simmer. So you'll have a good indication about the product already ;)
Why should PC2 Be any better than PC1 ,
Will have newer cars , Maybe some newer tracks , And slightly better graphics ,
As of the driving experience ,
Its wishful thinking by everyone , unless you can provide something direct as proof from SMS ,
The simulation factor of the physics there will be zero difference or change ,
Maybe a slightly better tire model , but thats ya lot .

How on earth can you possibly know withhout trying ??
Like I mentioned /

unless you can provide something direct as proof from SMS

Show me somehere where it states otherwise ,
These guys from all the big games companies always read these messages ,
Most make replies as well ,

Can someone from SMS , Please confirm the situation with Pcars2 ,
Is there a big physics update ?
Is there a newer tire model been created ?
What is the planned updates from PC1 to PC2 if any ?

Like I mentioned /

unless you can provide something direct as proof from SMS

Show me somehere where it states otherwise ,
These guys from all the big games companies always read these messages ,
Most make replies as well ,

Can someone from SMS , Please confirm the situation with Pcars2 ,
Is there a big physics update ?
Is there a newer tire model been created ?
What is the planned updates from PC1 to PC2 if any ?

There's more than enough info out there that states the physics and tyre model have been refined further, but people like you and other haters won't listen and won't believe. If the game when released doesn't drive exactly like your personal favourite sim then you'll hate it.

There's more than enough info out there that states the physics and tyre model have been refined further, but people like you and other haters won't listen and won't believe. If the game when released doesn't drive exactly like your personal favourite sim then you'll hate it.
Pcars I loved at one stage had so much hope and promise ,
All the early builds proved this ,
I have zero preference to any game at all , non ,
I played F1 Codemasters for over 4 years , That vanished in a puff of smoke as well ,
I believe F1 2012-13 To be the best of that particular series ,

But back again with Pcars and SMS ,
The earlier builds had soooo much promise , specially physics wise ,
But again it got changed to do with the liking of console players , So did Assetto Corsa ,
That was more raw too and got refined into more arcady physics ,

Simply because of the younger generation of people playing consoles and there parents buying them what they want ,
This is what the studios want nothing else ,

Unless you hire a team of Pro drivers to play on the development stages of a game ,
At the very start at least 3-4-5 drivers and get solid feedback ,
Nothing at all is simulation , Pcars , AMS , Or AC , Nothing at all ,

Only true simulation is real life and the closest anyone has ever got to this is RF2 ,
Because this is the prefered software what all the factories use in real life in there simulators ,

I have zero preference to any game like I mentioned previously ,
Pcars looks amazing graphically , But its not the game it once was to drive ,
How is this my fault ? :D

Only true simulation is real life and the closest anyone has ever got to this is RF2 ,
Because this is the prefered software what all the factories use in real life in there simulators ,
Now rhis is something I can agree with. But I still back up my previous thoughts that there is now way you can know how the physics in pCars2 will be. There is information that the difference compared to pCars 1 is HUGE.

Now rhis is something I can agree with. But I still back up my previous thoughts that there is now way you can know how the physics in pCars2 will be. There is information that the difference compared to pCars 1 is HUGE.

You mean / Now "This" / And , There is "No" way you can know this ?

I think I understand you , Anyways , Yes you are right , I do not know 100% regarding this ,
But this is the direction everyone is taking all the time non stop ,
Make a game , and kill it with DLC ,
The direction from build 0.1 to 1.0 on all these games seems to be the same direction every time ,
This direction is to make money , make DLC and keep the sales high , And keep interest high ,
Keeping the interest high in the younger generation ,

For example , If AMS and RF2 Decide , Or have decided to go to the console market ,
You will see a change here too in there physics ,
Simply because the younger people are not 110% hardcore die hard simracers ,
Like 85% of people currently on RD ,

The major factor for a company is to make people happy , but most importantly make the investors happy and make a lot of money doing so ,
This is the key to success ,
And everyone playing Pcars on consoles mainly is happy ,

Its the PC Fanboys that are doing 99% of the complaining , they complain all day all night over nothing at all ,

If you are a die hard simracer what are you doing playing Pcars ?

There is 4-5 Games on PC for the best simracing experience ,

AMS #1
GSE#2
RF2#3
AC#4
RF1#5 ,

These are the best simulation games , Maybe I missed iRacing but who cares ,
I do not want to remortgage my house to buy a few tracks and cars ,

If anyone is wanting to experience almost true simulation , I can only suggest to buy AMS ,
Thats all you need to know ,

And No , No one knows 1000% what Pcars 2 will be like , SMS Wont know 1000% either ,
But there all arcade/sims ,
So as I stated twice before there will not be much change in one and 2 ,
Yes a few tweeks here and there ,
Maybe a 15-20% physics update , But will always be arcade/sim which ever way you cut the ham .

You mean / Now "This" / And , There is "No" way you can know this ?

I think I understand you , Anyways , Yes you are right , I do not know 100% regarding this ... / ...
If you are a die hard simracer what are you doing playing Pcars ?

There is 4-5 Games on PC for the best simracing experience .
I think there is no real definition of the "die hard simracer", but I don't think I would qualify as such.
I have a vast experience in racing 125 shifter karts and a fair share doing track days. Sim racing is for me a way to be able to actually race cars. I like the immersion it offers.
I divide my racing time over RF2, R3E, AMS, pCars and AC, all for some reason.
Elaborating on this would take me too far away from the topic.

Reactions: CC

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea