Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GTE.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have been at it again, releasing images from eight of the new cars coming to Project CARS 2 at the end of 2017.

In the bulk screenshot release, SMS have shone a light on some pretty fantastic looking road and race machines that are due to make up just some of the 170+ cars scheduled to release with the base Project CARS 2 simulation at the end of the current year.

With famous names from the world of GT, endurance and Prototype styles of racing, plus some historically significant cars from over in Japan, this latest screenshot batch does Project CARS 2 proud when showcasing the staggering diversity of the content due to be a major feature of the game come release day.

Alongside the many new and improved features coming to the game, one thing Project CARS 2 and Slightly Mad Studios are keen to do for this latest release is diversify from the traditional background of circuit based racing. New disciplines in the form of Rallycross and off road racing will be making an appearance for the first time in the Project CARS franchise, as will the ability to select any car and track / terrain combination within the game - including ice!

So whilst we await a release of the game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in what is expected to be around September of this year, let us feast our eyes on these beautiful looking images taken directly from the game itself...

Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Ginetta G57.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Jaguar XJ220.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 650S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Nismo GT-R R35.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Skyline GT-R R34.jpg
Project CARS 2 OMSE RX Litw.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Looking forward to any of the new cars featured in this screenshot release? Can Project Cars live up to the expectations set by SMS do you think? What currently unannounced car would you like to see added to this game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think there is no real definition of the "die hard simracer", but I don't think I would qualify as such.
I have a vast experience in racing 125 shifter karts and a fair share doing track days. Sim racing is for me a way to be able to actually race cars. I like the immersion it offers.
I divide my racing time over RF2, R3E, AMS, pCars and AC, all for some reason.
Elaborating on this would take me too far away from the topic.
I was talking about physics the last time around ,
But R3E Make the best Audio currently on PC , Sector3 Studios , Are #1 for Audio in my mind ,
Simply out of this world , Graphically very nice too ,
I have spent 100,s of hrs playing that game ,
It seems to lack quite a bit of support in the past , I couldnt set my triple 32" screens up on it correctly ,
Pedal support seemed to be not 100% and the UI is too much for my mind ,
Not played it currently , But that game is a must have 2 on anyones shelf :)

Only way To make people happy with SMS and Pcars is to give modding support ,
Honesty whats the problem ,
Assetto Corsa got voted #1 racing game of 2016 I believe , Wonder why ?

I was talking about physics the last time around ,
But R3E Make the best Audio currently on PC , Sector3 Studios , Are #1 for Audio in my mind ,
Simply out of this world , Graphically very nice too ,
I have spent 100,s of hrs playing that game ,
It seems to lack quite a bit of support in the past , I couldnt set my triple 32" screens up on it correctly ,
Pedal support seemed to be not 100% and the UI is too much for my mind ,
Not played it currently , But that game is a must have 2 on anyones shelf :)

Only way To make people happy with SMS and Pcars is to give modding support ,
Honesty whats the problem ,
Assetto Corsa got voted #1 racing game of 2016 I believe , Wonder why ?
Triple screen support is sadly lacking in R3E, happy to hear pCars 2 will implement that.
My Heusinkveld Pro pedals are fully supported, as were my previous Fanatec V3's though...
Btw: I have little knowledge about modding, but I do have several mod cars in pCars, and pretty good ones too...

Triple screen support is sadly lacking in R3E, happy to hear pCars 2 will implement that.
My Heusinkveld Pro pedals are fully supported, as were my previous Fanatec V3's though...
Btw: I have little knowledge about modding, but I do have several mod cars in pCars, and pretty good ones too...
Its ok if there is something similar ingame already ,
You can move audio from one car to another ,

But fully scratch made cars , for example , There is currently no way to create custom audio banks with it for ingame ,
Also physics , There is a of problems concerning this area too ,

Speaking honestly and why AC is loved so much is mainly because of the modding support ,
And why around 8% of mods to AC regarding Pcars ,

If SMS And Sector3 Gave full modding support to the communities ,
You would see a change in peoples attitude towards AC ,
Like the morning sun rising over the ocean .

Modding on PC is a lifestyle , If you cant mod it , 80% of people simply dont want to play it .

Pcars I loved at one stage had so much hope and promise ,
All the early builds proved this ,
I have zero preference to any game at all , non ,
I played F1 Codemasters for over 4 years , That vanished in a puff of smoke as well ,
I believe F1 2012-13 To be the best of that particular series ,

But back again with Pcars and SMS ,
The earlier builds had soooo much promise , specially physics wise ,
But again it got changed to do with the liking of console players , So did Assetto Corsa ,
That was more raw too and got refined into more arcady physics ,

Simply because of the younger generation of people playing consoles and there parents buying them what they want ,
This is what the studios want nothing else ,

Unless you hire a team of Pro drivers to play on the development stages of a game ,
At the very start at least 3-4-5 drivers and get solid feedback ,
Nothing at all is simulation , Pcars , AMS , Or AC , Nothing at all ,

Only true simulation is real life and the closest anyone has ever got to this is RF2 ,
Because this is the prefered software what all the factories use in real life in there simulators ,

I have zero preference to any game like I mentioned previously ,
Pcars looks amazing graphically , But its not the game it once was to drive ,
How is this my fault ? :D

Sorry if I singled you out, the anti PCars and SMS posts here and elsewhere on the net are tiresome and seldom make sense.

Technically all the racing sims ARE simulations. It's just that they can't simulate every aspect of reality, we'd all need a house full of high end PCs just for the wind dynamics alone. But they all try to simulate as much as they can and do it with different methods none of which are truly accurate due to numerous reasons but mainly the aforementioned limitations of Computational power. However where I totally agree with you is that no racing sim simulates G forces and that's a critical set of information lacking. To punch those forces out via FFB and the wheel is not realistic at all, but sadly the only option to give players the feeling and extra information they need. I judge how hard to brake in reality by how I "FEEL" the car decelerating and the forces acting on my body. One day our racing sims will reach those heights but until then every single one is a game first and foremost.

I should state that considering the "stig" was involved from an early point with Pcars means that a lot of decent information came from that relationship. But real drivers are a bane as well as a boon as they have to adjust to the lack of G forces etc. There's no magic bullet for Sims, no reality....it's almost all subjective.

If anyone is wanting to experience almost true simulation , I can only suggest to buy AMS ,
Thats all you need to know ,

Ah this links in to my earlier reply to you, that if PC2 doesn't feel like AMS then you won't like PC2.

FYI in terms of objective realism there is very little difference between PC and AMS, in fact physics wise I feel they have more in common than RF2 and AC which IMO lack low speed grip and are unpredictable at times. From the get go I know what's going on with PC and AMS.

Ah this links in to my earlier reply to you, that if PC2 doesn't feel like AMS then you won't like PC2.

FYI in terms of objective realism there is very little difference between PC and AMS, in fact physics wise I feel they have more in common than RF2 and AC which IMO lack low speed grip and are unpredictable at times. From the get go I know what's going on with PC and AMS.
I had a full simrig ,
Formula RS Seat / F1 Seat , Full stand with Triple 32" Screens , Buttkicker , mounted under the F1 Seat ,
Full fanatec setup , with Xbox universal Hub so I can swap wheels to whatever I chose ,
And a full watercooled PC with a Watercooled Titan X 12GB card ,

Cost me over 10K at the time with everything I was using ,
AC Felt so alive really really nice ,
Once setup with my buttkicker , the Apex traction , Tarmac Traction loss , Just simply felt sublime ,
Pcars felt no way near the same , felt like so much information was been lost ,
Even my fanatec wheel was a nightmare to setup to even get it feeling 65% of AC ,

Where as GSE at the time , Was just sensational , never experienced such a feeling at the time with my Fanatec setup ,
iRacing is dreadful in my opinion feels really dull the wheel , just zero excitement coming from it at all ,

Pcars at the early stages with my settings , early builds felt really nice ,
Was sooo excited for the final releases and they messed up and was no support at all for Fanatec clubsport ,
Took them almost a week to patch the game ,
And playing it does not feel as raw as it once did , no way near , hardly any feedback compared to other sims ,
Such a pity , but this is life so just take things as they come or go and Pcars went fast .

I'm not SMS, but here are some basic answers...

Is there a big physics update ?

There are new and enhanced modules to the physics system.

Is there a newer tire model been created ?

SMS didn't scrap their tire model. They still believe in the benefits of SETA. There have been changes/enhancements to the tire model. A lot of this has been driven by the non-tarmac physics but it also shows a lot of benefits for the tarmac behavior of the tire (at the limit and over the limit behavior).

What is the planned updates from PC1 to PC2 if any ?

What do you mean by this?

I had a full simrig ,
Formula RS Seat / F1 Seat , Full stand with Triple 32" Screens , Buttkicker , mounted under the F1 Seat ,
Full fanatec setup , with Xbox universal Hub so I can swap wheels to whatever I chose ,
And a full watercooled PC with a Watercooled Titan X 12GB card ,

Cost me over 10K at the time with everything I was using ,
AC Felt so alive really really nice ,
Once setup with my buttkicker , the Apex traction , Tarmac Traction loss , Just simply felt sublime ,
Pcars felt no way near the same , felt like so much information was been lost ,
Even my fanatec wheel was a nightmare to setup to even get it feeling 65% of AC ,

Where as GSE at the time , Was just sensational , never experienced such a feeling at the time with my Fanatec setup ,
iRacing is dreadful in my opinion feels really dull the wheel , just zero excitement coming from it at all ,

Pcars at the early stages with my settings , early builds felt really nice ,
Was sooo excited for the final releases and they messed up and was no support at all for Fanatec clubsport ,
Took them almost a week to patch the game ,
And playing it does not feel as raw as it once did , no way near , hardly any feedback compared to other sims ,
Such a pity , but this is life so just take things as they come or go and Pcars went fast .

NICE rig! I think the issue is not the underlying physics but the way it communicates to hardware. I've had no issues with Pcars on my CSR, I feel grip loss on lock ups, feel grip loss over rises (eg after the Kleine chicane at Zolder, so scary to feel the wheel go light there!). I feel the aero grip in the fast F1 style cars. Only real complaint I have is the cars are possibly too stable under braking...but that's subjective as I have no idea what these cars "really" feel like and all I can do is compare to another Sim and not reality. But I understand that if you can't set up your rig to work right or the game cannot be setup to work right for whatever reasons that's a real downer.

Pcars definitely has it's flaws, hopefully PC2 will sort some of them out, things sound good from what I've gleaned, I was a backer of PC1 but didn't want to get involved with WMD again for PC2 as testing PC1 actually jaded the finished experience for me and I've only just completed the career. I want to just buy PC2 and have fun with it....fingers crossed.

Just watched the vid:
1) No way EVERY car gets that kind of love. Probably a lot of carry over from PC1. BUT...I've raced the same historic Lotus car in both games and PC2 is so much better that it makes "late 2017" seem like forever away.
2) 'Murrican's! F* Yeah!
3) Love that rig! Seems like a feasible system. (edit: just went to the website, nevermind...)
4) Gonna have to try the 720 next time I fire up PC2.

Just tumbled upon this..i guess you can trust the McLaren Chief test driver when assessing something like driving feel and physics

One can just hope that all cars are made to this standard, looks like a heck of a lot of work at least. Getting cautiously optimistic i have to say

Heh so weird seeing what Casey and AJ actually look like after reading their comments for years during PCars development!

One can just hope that all cars are made to this standard, looks like a heck of a lot of work at least. Getting cautiously optimistic i have to say

Actually, SMS will treat any car the same in which the manufacturer will work with them at that level. The problem is, most manufacturers won't go to that level of interaction. IIRC, Kunos worked similarly with Pagani on their Huayra.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back