AC (NEW!)Renault R.S.01 Trophy @ Tor Poznan - Wednesday 26th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is it just me, difficult car, difficult circuit.
Not saying it is at all a problem to circulate, I have as yet not come off other than running wide on exit then getting all annoyed and keeping my foot in.:roflmao::roflmao:
It is certainly a quick car, much quicker than a Gt3. Have put in a lot of time setting it up, that was not easy either.:(
Maybe a tyre thing. They are some what on the hard side.:)

Is it just me, difficult car, difficult circuit.
Not saying it is at all a problem to circulate, I have as yet not come off other than running wide on exit then getting all annoyed and keeping my foot in.:roflmao::roflmao:
It is certainly a quick car, much quicker than a Gt3. Have put in a lot of time setting it up, that was not easy either.:(
Maybe a tyre thing. They are some what on the hard side.:)

I'm glad you said that Ernie. I feel the same way. I've yet to do a lap I feel happy about, and I don't feel like I've got the measure of the car or the track.

Our John is flying here no chance of matching that. :thumbsup:So will have to get a good placing somehow.:O_o:
Run out of setup options, about optimised for me as I can get it.:(
Was on server with Axel at the beginning of the week so had a good idea anyway about lap times.
Still always a scrappy lap for me anyway, unable to smooth it all out.
Convinced John is hiding in the boot juggling all the controls at random. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hi @Raresch sorry I missed you on the server, saw your question re setup as I hit the 'exit' button! The setup I was playing with was the modified one @pretend racer (thank you Jason!) put up in last week's thread, here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...y-19th-august-2020.189115/page-3#post-3248526 :)
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Also, I really like the car and the track. i don't really like the oversteering behaviour, but the engine and the way it feels overall, and the track has a nice flow, except for the turn 3 and 4 (or 2 and 3? don't really know, depending on how you calcualte the wannabe chicane about the first corner :)) )

Hmm interesting to read about the difficulties about setting up the car. I run basically the stock setup and I'm having a blast. But I don't know for which time to aim as I only saw Patricks on the server. RSR doesn't give away any useful infos either.

@Medilloni that must have been loooooooong time ago ;) . I'm around since December 19? (I guess) and never been on this track.

I'm glad you said that Ernie. I feel the same way. I've yet to do a lap I feel happy about, and I don't feel like I've got the measure of the car or the track.
Our John is flying here no chance of matching that. :thumbsup:So will have to get a good placing somehow.:O_o:
Run out of setup options, about optimised for me as I can get it.:(
Was on server with Axel at the beginning of the week so had a good idea anyway about lap times.
Still always a scrappy lap for me anyway, unable to smooth it all out.
Convinced John is hiding in the boot juggling all the controls at random. :roflmao: :roflmao:
I set the time (I guess you saw it) just before I ran out of fuel:p .. and you all know Aliens will kill it!

Just some thoughts; track time here is paramount, I found a second in an hour from a time I thought I couldn't beat - for the first time in months I've had about 3 hours to really have a play (the Mrs was away for 4 days:laugh:). The kerbs need to be absolutely monstered, especially the last and first turn (one wheel only on the black stuff) - I only found that out by practicing alternative lines for racing/under/overcut btw:redface:. ...for what that's worth.

Some comments have said this car oversteers, though for me, no matter what setup I try, it's front limited, so I've tried to drive it that way, turning in early etc. Any road up, setup from tonight is here... beauty is in the eye of the beholder:p

Attachments

• Renault Tor Poznan jp 1 25.8v2.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the setup john, :thumbsup: as usual pretty similar to my eventual setup. But as expected your front roll stiffness is completely different, the rear roll stiffness is completely different too.
I noticed you have your brake bias quite a bit more centre. mine much more front.
Will try it in practice to night. I have stolen your front, keeping my bum in tact and trying your brake bias to.
looking at Axel, Patrick and yourself I am at present about 1 sec off the pace. So it will be interesting race for me, normally do not really know until race night practice is under way. :)

Was going to give up on this race after qualifying last place and a second off the pace of the next car but I'm glad it didn't, it turned out to be a cracking race :) race 1 was battling with @GeekyDeaks for most of the race close clean racing was great fun and in the top 10 also :) the second race more of the same :)
Thanks for organising the event @Medilloni

Last edited:
Huge thanks to all that turned up tonight, and hope you enjoyed it :) Congrats to the podium guys and looked to be some great racing up front!

My apologies to @Axel Moebius in the first race, I'm guessing it was you that I tagged into the 1st corner? Noticed my ping was around 160 (very unusual!) and the game was freezing for a second+ then too late to save anything:redface:

Had great fun and amazingly fair racing after that (thank you guys!), not sure where I was when the game crashed completely, but super fun.

2nd race - sorry to @neesve Cornelius, I went too deep into T3 and pushed you wide, waited for you but hope it didn't spoil your race. After that it was a total blast, happy with 4th/5th, wherever I finished.

Will use this car again in the future - so any suggestions for tracks where you think we can get the best out of it are welcome:thumbsup:

Last of all.... 'cos of the first race tech problem, I don't have the replay, so if anyone can send it I'd really appreciate it;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%