PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Showcase Range of Cars & Conditions

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios reveal latest batch of in game shots from the upcoming new Project CARS 2 racing simulation.

Many different news outlets have been working themselves up into a lather recently with various new sources of information releasing on the sequel to the hugely commercially successful Project CARS franchise, and now fans have something else to enjoy with several fresh images of some of the 170+ cars due to feature in the base release of Project CARS 2.

Although SMS have yet to reveal the full car list, we already have a good idea of many of the new vehicles that will either be making a franchise debut or carrying over from the previous release. Sadly the image reveals by SMS don't shed any light on to previous unknown cars included in the game, but we do get another set of nice shots showing varied machines from the likes of Aston Martin, Ford, Mercedes and Honda, in the form of the beautiful new road going NSX. As well as shining a light on some of the cars due to be included in the next title, we are also treated to several very impressive atmospheric shots of the Japanese Fuji Speedway, one of the more illustrious Japanese tracks and home to the Formula One World Championship on several occasions, most recently in 2008 in a race won by the then Renault driver Fernando Alonso. In total the Fuji Speedway has hosted thirteen Formula One Grand Prix and is currently used for a number of national and international class racing events.

We are keeping an up to date list of the revealed content for Project CARS 2 HERE. Check it out and leave a comment if you have any images not already covered.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 Ginetta G57.jpg
Project CARS 2 McLaren.jpg
Project CARS 2 Ford Raptor.jpg

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Project CARS 2 Acura NSX 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Acura NSX 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Acura NSX.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 4.jpg

Do you like the new previews? Which already announced car are you most looking forward to trying? Do you think Project CARS 2 will be a successful title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Did they change their marketing strategy from pCars1? I feel like I'm getting the same **** thrown in my face as the first release...graphics! Come see our pretty graphics! Did we mention the graphics!?!

For the love of god, show me something worth a damn!

As I look at the pictures I think yeah that looks nice. And am I enjoying my Project Cars 1 freebie on the Xbox One? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. But it's the only racing game I have on console as its really just for Halo and watching movies in the front room.
If I had an hour to spare at home and it was a choice of playing PC1 on Xbox with a controller or going in to the man cave for rF2, R3E or AC on my Sim Rig it's a no brainer.

Looks good and handles well on a pad after tweaking the settings but is it a serious sim compared to those? Not in my opinion.

Also I love GT3 and this title is missing Ferrari and Lamborghini which means it couldn't be my go to sim even if I had it on PC.

SMS doesn't allow WMD members to post stuff yet, (y'know, the ones that actually know what's going on) so all that's out there right now is people who can just do 10 minutes of research, but don't.

I understand WMD members can not "post stuff yet" but...well they post about how great it is, how good it feels, how awesome it looks (which in the pictures it certainly is the best I have ever seen)...but when someone ask about how is the FFB, physics, handling, or another one of the pCars1 weakest point...all WMD members start with that "we can not talk about the game" thing.

Boring, and for me it remembers pCars1 hype train. Only talk about the good and not about the bad or the "not that good".

It's ok for me. I'm not preordering it as did with pCars1, which I have uninstalled.

So yeah it looks nice. But if it was something more than a nice look, they will probably show it. And they don't. As they didn't last year. Because it was not much more than a nice looking game with nice looking rain.

Enjoy it. Just needed to point my opinion.

As I look at the pictures I think yeah that looks nice. And am I enjoying my Project Cars 1 freebie on the Xbox One? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. But it's the only racing game I have on console as its really just for Halo and watching movies in the front room.
If I had an hour to spare at home and it was a choice of playing PC1 on Xbox with a controller or going in to the man cave for rF2, R3E or AC on my Sim Rig it's a no brainer.

Looks good and handles well on a pad after tweaking the settings but is it a serious sim compared to those? Not in my opinion.

Also I love GT3 and this title is missing Ferrari and Lamborghini which means it couldn't be my go to sim even if I had it on PC.
Didn't you read that Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborgini are going to be present in pCars 2 ?
About your choice of setup: driving any driving/racing simulator with a controller and then saying it's no good... ?
Agree that pCars physics need improvements, especially noticeable after driving in R3E, AMS and RF2, but that is something that is promised to be looked after too.
-----
And yes, pCars1 already had the best graphics (important IMO), weather, day/night cycle with real headlights (not just a partly illuminated view).
If they do improve physics and FFB settings (the FFB is really good if you invest the time needed to get it right) it will be recommendable. Only "downside" for me is that they seem to lean towards more road cars. From a marketing point of view probably right, but personally I'd like more race cars.
Hard to please everyone though. A lot of people seem to like the addition of ovals and dirt...I don't. Do I whine about it...no.
Wish people would stop bashing on things that are not even available yet and be a little less prejudiced...

Last edited:
I understand WMD members can not "post stuff yet" but...well they post about how great it is, how good it feels, how awesome it looks (which in the pictures it certainly is the best I have ever seen)...but when someone ask about how is the FFB, physics, handling, or another one of the pCars1 weakest point...all WMD members start with that "we can not talk about the game" thing.

I meanwhile am not afraid to say that PCars 1, while it sold very well, was not the best it could've been. I felt the FFB was only good after Jack Spade's settings were applied (which was very fiddly to do), physics were decent, but not groundbreaking, and same for handling. I was not a member of WMD back then though. While I am now, I am still afraid to say anything that needs to be said.

It's ok for me. I'm not preordering it as did with pCars1, which I have uninstalled.

Well, not pre-ordering anything is smart.

I see Niels Heusinkveld driving a car that's technically still in beta. (One that is also fun as hell.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back