New Program Released: Groove Darkness Editor

Update: Scroll down for the latest version!
BTB does a good job of setting the darkness of the racing line, and ISI's editor is also okay, but if you want to make changes, e.g. darken it in the braking zone or have a sudden, brief change, those automatic tools won't be able to help.

I decided to make GrooveEd:
groovedpreview_zpsce64ec54.jpg

During testing I was told of an existing program, GTL Groove, which should be compatible with any gMotor2 AIW file, but my program has more features, e.g. smoothly change alpha between any two points, set the groove for a whole corner by selecting four points, raise/lower a set of alpha values in one go, and an undo feature.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6im5h0xynro7oe3/GrooveEd.7z

Last edited:
What a shame.
I can only rate that once, but this deserves a like, winner and usefull rating!
i repeat myself when i say, that its awesome, i really appreciate that the beta-testing + feedback was fruitful :)

Thank you for providing this software Rsoul, me has been very useful for my circuit ABADIA Road 1994, that I recently published on rfactorcentral.
The truth is that BTB generate traces of tyres in some cases poorly located.
I also used a background that you contributed in the Forum.
Thanks!!

What a fantastic program! Sorry I am so late to the discovery of it.

There is one feature that would be very helpful, which may be a result of a change to the way AIW files are processed in AMS versus rFactor. My apologies, but I have not modded anything in rFactor. In AMS at least, the offset is relative to the racing line, not the waypoint position. So, if the groove is right on top of the racing line, the value will always be zero. This makes for adjusting things a lot more intuitive.

If there is any possibility to have a toggle that adjusts what the groove offset is relative to (waypoint as it is now versus the racing line for AMS), it would be much appreciated.

I'm willing to look in to it, but prone to forget because I'm currently doing other things. I'll explain how it is in rFactor and how things developed in GrooveEd, and it might become clear what can be done with an AMS AIW file.

In rFactor the centreline is driven (or generated by BTB) which lays down a set of waypoints. The line doesn't have to be in the centre of the track, but the centre is usually a good reference.

Each waypoint has multiple values. For the groove it's an offest (vector) and an alpha value. When I first wrote GrooveEd, I don't think I knew how to draw the groove, so I just drew the waypoints and set their colours based on the alpha value.

BTW, you said "if the groove is right on top of the racing line". I thought 'groove' and 'racing line' both meant the same thing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back