New price model for NKP and new screenshots

For me the best NetKar car is the F1800...

Lee, you have a good taste. :D I know a few people hate that car, but I really think the F1800 is a MUST for every simracer, regardles of the actual sim he/she drives. The F1800 can teach you car balancing, tire managment and developing setups. Simply awesome!
Honestly, I drive better in iRacing since I drive the F1800 (I just don't want to drive iR until the new tire model will come).

my question is: do you feel that netkar offers a better driving experience than iRacing? i am mostly interested in medium to high power single seaters....

In my opinion, I think iracing corner feel seems strange especially in turn-in and braking. For example, when I enter the corner, even if I try with 'heavy' trail-braking, vehicle has always either neutral or safe-oversteer, like that in all of the grip not cost braking grip. And besides, while braking, weight transfer to the front does not create oversteer with unstability, even through bumpy sections or down hill, it just seems safe-oversteer or little understeer. If unstable oversteer would happen in iracing, it's almost always while middle or exit of the corner under acceleration. And the way of setup to be fast is so, I think it seems that has applied without consideration of the absolute amount of grip with 4 wheels. In iracing fast setup is, has to be more loosely, tricky and unstably, under consideration of the relative amount of grip between front and rear.

At the worst, there's more, release throttle, it makes also heavy safe-oversteer, at uphill, turn-in, middle of the corner, all the time, even better than braking. But everyone knows that effect of weight transfer is better in braking than release throttle. As result of these, for example you can very easily get hairpin by skiing than anything else racing sim, even hairpin need more mechanical grip. And I think this car movement was, in the more stable car(e.g. formula), the more.

I feel papyrus has been these from GPL, and will maybe give me interesting to have counter understeer, but the thing I want in simracing isn't, though I'm papyrus fan.

Anyway, I guess someone who used to iracing said that nKP has heavy understeer feel is from this reasons. Understeer is bad, but understeer in the situation for that is not bad.

For example, please see below videos,
(iracing, C6R(GT1) at mosport)
(real, C6(GT2) at mosport)

(iracing, star mazda at laguna)
+more in youtube

I think these just look like 'skiRacing', and I have never seem like this driving in real onboard video ever. Corvette has even heavy engine in the front.

Um..and I know I feel hard to say what I think at English correctly, but I hope you understand my poor opinion.

By the way, what does 'netcode' mean? ping?

it's the code for the network of different computers at different places; in this case, would make different people race together. (though maybe someone would have a more technical explanation) i think when you say a game has better netcode then the ping would be lower, but ping is different from netcode i suppose.

I think the netkar Pro site needs a "donate" button, because personally I find the idea that I get two new cars, a long winding "drive up a mountain" hillclimb course, AND rain all for free just too generous.

I would gladly pay another 20 Euros for this update, I would have paid 20 for the Formula KS2 alone.
(...)

Jon.

I agree. I can't wait for the new version but I will feel like I am robbing it. I would like to at least be able to pay $10 or $20 for it and a donation button is a great idea so those that cannot afford it can at least contribute what they can.

give the license to someone who otherwise would not buy netkarpro..

we could even come up with some sort of "system" in which one of us that already bought netkarpro buys a second netkarpro license to give away to someone who wants to try it, and then if that person likes nkpro, they buy another license and gives it to someone else under the same conditions... what do you guys think about this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back