Resource icon

Cars New physics for bazza's gpl 67 mod 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm not sure why you're upset at some criticism.
100% AI in Assetto Corsa is known to be slow in these cars, so basing your car physics on AI lap times is always going to be unrealistic unless you specific that this mod is intended for AI use only. I think if you actually said that this mod was designed to be only used by AI while the player uses the default car, it wouldn't be a problem.

Also, claiming someone is making an alternate account to like their own comments is just crazy and makes you look like you can't take criticism even more, desperately trying to discredit someone like this.

What's going on here? Scotty.T and SteamPunkCow and Jessimos only posts are in the thread. these accounts were all registered long ago, did nothing, then suddenly came out against me?

What's going on here? Scotty.T and SteamPunkCow and Jessimos only posts are in the thread. these accounts were all registered long ago, did nothing, then suddenly came out against me?
I have no clue who SteamPunkCow is, but being so actively hostile to the historic community in AC when they're just trying to give feedback is just strange.

I don't think you even bothered reading my comments previously.

For those who say my cars are too fast, go complaining to Kunos. because my car and kunos car are of the same pace (run by AI)
"in general, cars are faster and AI at 100% difficult can do lap times like in real life 1967 GP."

You cannot change values of the car aiming for "realism" then as soon as people have valid criticism about the values being unrealistic, immediately deflect it to Kunos. Again, if you simply stated this pack was intended for AI only, that would make more sense, but you haven't and therefore people are allowed to be critical about how quick it is for a human to drive it.

"in general, cars are faster and AI at 100% difficult can do lap times like in real life 1967 GP."

You cannot change values of the car aiming for "realism" then as soon as people have valid criticism about the values being unrealistic, immediately deflect it to Kunos. Again, if you simply stated this pack was intended for AI only, that would make more sense, but you haven't and therefore people are allowed to be critical about how quick it is for a human to drive it.
I made it quite clear, it's 100% AI doing realistic lap times,
I also made it quite clear, that grip are increased, and lap times are better than Bazza's original mod
I also made it quite clear, that lotus 49 in my mod and by kunos have the same lap time
I also made it quite clear, that this is an offline mod
I also made it quite clear, you may want to rename original data.acd.

I also admit good human players can always drive faster than AI. even resulting in unrealistic lap times, like in GPL such as 3:25 in spa or sub 8min in nurburgring.

Which part you don't understand?

guys i downloaded the gpl pack. When I accelerate the gears go up fine, but even with gear shift set to automatic when I slow down the gear tends to stay in the the highest it was before breaking like 4th or sometimes 5th.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks

guys i downloaded the gpl pack. When I accelerate the gears go up fine, but even with gear shift set to automatic when I slow down the gear tends to stay in the the highest it was before breaking like 4th or sometimes 5th.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks
You're trying to say: With automatic gearbox, the cars won't downshift until the rev is VERY low?
I can replicate your problem, and have found a way to fix it. an update will be posted soon.
Does the original mod also have this problem?

You're trying to say: With automatic gearbox, the cars won't downshift until the rev is VERY low?
I can replicate your problem, and have found a way to fix it. an update will be posted soon.
Does the original mod also have this problem?
hi, thanks for your help.

cars wont downshift till the speed is 0/standstill. if its even 5km/hr it will continue to stay in 4th/5th gear after slowing down and on pressing accelerator the car will try to increase speed from 5km/hr in 4th/5th gear which definitely is an error. if we come to a standstill/0 then they all downshift to 1.

the original mod ? bazza version ? yes this problem is there. ( i've not updated to your mod as yet)

kunos 49/312 dont have this problem.

Another ERROR in Bazza gpl mod which needs to be fixed.

the bazza lotus 49 in automatic mode on does not shift up from N. so at start of race in automatic mode it just revs in N. the other cars in the bazza gpl mod dont have this problem. any fix possible for this issue ?

hope ive been able to explain this well.

thanks for your support.

hi, thanks for your help.

cars wont downshift till the speed is 0/standstill. if its even 5km/hr it will continue to stay in 4th/5th gear after slowing down and on pressing accelerator the car will try to increase speed from 5km/hr in 4th/5th gear which definitely is an error. if we come to a standstill/0 then they all downshift to 1.

the original mod ? bazza version ? yes this problem is there. ( i've not updated to your mod as yet)

kunos 49/312 dont have this problem.

Another ERROR in Bazza gpl mod which needs to be fixed.

the bazza lotus 49 in automatic mode on does not shift up from N. so at start of race in automatic mode it just revs in N. the other cars in the bazza gpl mod dont have this problem. any fix possible for this issue ?

hope ive been able to explain this well.

thanks for your support.
try my latest 1.1 version. both bugs mentioned by you have been fixed

hi,

i was testing this mod and found out that the cars are behaving the same way. they dont downshift frfom 4/5th gear when we slow down in automatic mode. could you help me fix this mod please. what changes/edits i need to do where to fix cars in this another mod by bazza?

thanks.
If you want to fix it by yourself, here're the steps.
1. you should install assetto corsa car tuner. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/
2. start the car tuner, in the "select car" combobox select the car you want to fix (for example "f5000_eagle")
3. in the "New Tune Name" text field, enter something (for example "1") and click "Create New Tune" button. and data.acd is unpacked
4. go to "assettocorsa\content\cars\" folder and will your find that car with the tune name appended (for example: f5000_eagle_1 "1" is the tune name "f5000_eagle" is the original car")
5. go into the folder with the tune name appended, and open data folder, and open drivetrain.ini in notepad or some other text editor
6. append the following lines to the file and save
[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=7400
DOWN=4700
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.98
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.28

UP and DOWN value are the revs cars will automatically shift up and down, and depend on the car's engine
7. delete the original folder (f5000_eagle) and rename "f5000_eagle_1" to "f5000_eagle"
8. repeat step 2~7 for every car in the mod

A question: Do you know whether these F5000 cars have adjustable wings (much like DRS)? F1 in 1968 and early 1969 have them

thanks bro, ill try it out. hopefully i'll be ok . lol.

about the wings im not very sure. i recently got the gpl mod and liked it very much so was trying out other bazza mods. sorry couldnt be of much help here.

Last edited:
try my latest 1.1 version. both bugs mentioned by you have been fixed
It didn't fix it for me. The Lotus 33 and McLaren M2B are the only cars that do everything correctly. The Lotus 49 won't come out of neutral, or upshift at all, but strangely enough, it does downshift correctly. All the other car don't downshift until they are almost completely stopped. This is with version 1.1.

Last edited:
It didn't fix it for me. The Lotus 33 and McLaren M2B are the only cars that do everything correctly. The Lotus 49 won't come out of neutral, or upshift at all, but strangely enough, it does downshift correctly. All the other car don't downshift until they are almost completely stopped. This is with version 1.1.
Have you deleted/renamed data.acd in every car folder?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 78 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 128 57.1%