new pc build?

I have been searching for new PC. I have ordered 2DOF motion seat base etc from simxperience and moving forward with PC purchase Possible pc from CyberPower. I am planning to use 3 screens. Myabe 28" monitors or 32" Tv's ..

Here are the 2 PC's I've been looking at:

CPU Intel I7-2600K OC verified
or
Intel I5-2500K " "
HDD- 40GB SSD Corsair Force x 2ea
Memory 8GB
Mother board (Cross fireX) GigaByteZ68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX mSATA connector 2Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 &2 PCI w/7.1 (all OC certified)
Video cards Amd Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe by AMD 2 ea
or
"" """ "" "" " "" "" (HIS IceQ X Turbo 920MHz) 2 ea
Cooling Hydra power liquid cooler 240MM dual fans
power 1000W Cooler master silent pro
hard drive SSD raid-0 40 GB 2ea
windows 7 64edition
DVDRW blue ray combo

Any input, overkill, not good enough, items left out, etc would be appreciated. This is only a possible build as I'm still searching.
thanks
Bob

the Intel I7-2600k is a good choise. Note that Intel is gonna release a 2700k soon which likely make the price for a 2600k drop a little. Also AMD is going to release the bulldozer range soon to compete with Intel's Sandybridge cpu's which will make the price drop even futher. So it might be good to wait abit.

Why not 2x 6950 instead of 2x 6870?

According to everything I have read, going with the i7 for a gaming rig is a bit of a waste of money right now. You get very very near the same performance for gaming with the i5 2500 as you do with any of the i7's. If you are going to be doing business apps as well as gaming, then get the i7, otherwise stick with the i5.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back