rF2 NEW! Japanese F3 Mini Championship @ Okayama - Wednesday 3rd December 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, but wouldn't the point scoring persuade people to stay instead of quitting? I mean I'm not in the event, so I'm unbiased, but I always wished races counted for something more so people wouldn't just quit at the earliest opportunity. I hate people quitting.

But, as you say, perhaps not the right climate.

Hmm I understand the reasoning behind this decision but the points scoring system got me more excited and made me priorities the wednesday evening schedule around this F3 mini champs. I really liked the idea of an rFactor mini CC. Keep it like it was and don't do it in te future...

Dissapointed with that decision so late in the day, this being a premium event I thought the majority of the drivers would be experienced guys any way and not your win at all costs merchants, I think that decision should be reviewed.

Also like Nils said I have made this a priority over other wedensday night commitments I have but now I am not so sure, also it`s a little insulting to suggest that if points are involved we will turn into must win at all costs and ruin other peoples racing.

Sorry guys, I had a flu jab on Monday and now I feel terrible :( I'm going to have to drop out.

Dissapointed with that decision so late in the day, this being a premium event I thought the majority of the drivers would be experienced guys any way and not your win at all costs merchants, I think that decision should be reviewed.

Also like Nils said I have made this a priority over other wedensday night commitments I have but now I am not so sure, also it`s a little insulting to suggest that if points are involved we will turn into must win at all costs and ruin other peoples racing.

I agree with Nils and Martin, this is a premium event and as such these childish decisions should not be neccesary! If this is the quality of premium club we should all have a good look in the mirror. I for one am VERY dissapointed in these last minute changes as I too have planned in advance around this mini series. I remember signing up for a mini championship,if that is not there I would like to sign out as I did not come here to be penalized for other peoples shortcomings. If we can´t take care of this within the premium club,what kind of signal are we sending. No smiley faces today. Just major dissapointment!!! Thanks for all the needless practise hours

Why does it really matter that the points have been removed? Personally i couldn't care less about it, id rather just have some good racing instead of trying to race for points.

• Andrew Evans

well, fine - if points is all you care about i'm not forcing you to drive... see you later... :wave: just because we have a premium club doesn't mean it's exempt from problems that affect the whole club in general....

i'd have hoped those that are complaining would have been intelligent enough to read between the lines... alas, all you can see is your precious lost numbers and, amusingly, you're providing a perfect example of the attitudes that caused us to remove them in the first place...

well, fine - if points is all you care about i'm not forcing you to drive... see you later... :wave: just because we have a premium club doesn't mean it's exempt from problems that affect the whole club in general....

i'd have hoped those that are complaining would have been intelligent enough to read between the lines... alas, all you can see is your precious lost numbers and, amusingly, you're providing a perfect example of the attitudes that caused us to remove them in the first place...

So true :)

I´m not complaining.YOU started the complaining about the drivers and points. If you can´t take some criticism,you can read between my lines!!!!! I am a back of the group driver,and for people like me it´s a challenge to get at least one point. It is also an extra incentive for cars with damage to at least finish the race. Also if you want to take this personal,go right ahead, very mature. Have a nice race

I'm not involved in this championship, but I'll put in my two pence's worth :laugh2:

Personally, because it is all about personal choice, it would be nice to be involved in a points mini championship - I'm just not very good in these open wheelers, so had to bail out. :)

And it's not for do-or-die reasons, or to win at any cost, or anything else - it's the same reason that we race anyway - we race for fun, sure, but that doesn't mean a win means nothing, or hard work shouldn't be rewarded - and a points system just extends that to more than one race IMO - why can we not have points and fun in the same sentence?

I know I'm new to the club, but one thing that struck me about it was the way people talk about things together, and look on it as their club - I like to think it's starting to feel like my club a little too, so everyone's opinion does matter on this subject..

Maybe a separate thread should be opened up for this subject with people's opinions moved to it - out of this one where it's losing it's relevance..

I´m not complaining.YOU started the complaining about the drivers and points. If you can´t take some criticism,you can read between my lines!!!!! I am a back of the group driver,and for people like me it´s a challenge to get at least one point. It is also an extra incentive for cars with damage to at least finish the race. Also if you want to take this personal,go right ahead, very mature. Have a nice race

Sorry but i have to agree with Andrew - you seem to have a serious issue with not being able to race for points, and this is the sort of behaviour in the racing club that caused Andrew to remove the points.

The thing is, i don't win a race and then go, i wish i got some points because then i would be able to celebrate... If i win im happy with myself for driving well, and any points going towards a championship is just a bonus in my opinion. Points are not a vital thing, the enjoyment should come from the racing rather than afterwards when looking at the championship standings. If you only enjoy racing because you get points for your efforts, you should reconsider if sim racing at RD is for you. Also, if you are a driver who doesn't finish as high as they would like to, and may just break into the points - you would be better off not racing for points and just enjoying having a battle with those around you. Some races where ive been near the back with no chance of points or a decent finish i have enjoyed more than when ive walked it, and this is usually because of having a good battle with a few drivers.

Anyway, now ive said what i wanted to, lets get back to racing! :car:

Stop being ignorant! I don´t only race for the points. I never race for points,that´s why this was interesting. You are entitled to your own opinion,but thinking that rd might not be the place for me becaue of this,is an opinion you might want to keep to yourself little man. Take this in consideration: I´m not the reason the points got cancelled,so maybe you should back off on those comments and look more directly to the people that are responsible for the rule changes.

Stop being ignorant! I don´t only race for the points. I never race for points,that´s why this was interesting. You are entitled to your own opinion,but thinking that rd might not be the place for me becaue of this,is an opinion you might want to keep to yourself little man. Take this in consideration: I´m not the reason the points got cancelled,so maybe you should back off on those comments and look more directly to the people that are responsible for the rule changes.

Nice job at countering your own arguement and making it personal. 'Very mature'

A) It's not one persons fault the rules had to change. It's an accumulation of incidents over time
B) He can voice his opinion just as much as you can following on from your previous posts.

I wasn't being ignorant, i support Andrews decision to remove the points as i believe it shouldn't make any difference. Don't come here mouthing off trying to look like a big man as its just pathetic. Just accept that the decision has been made and try to see the positive side of it. The main reason why im still trying to make this point is because you seem to be overreacting to the change when there is no need to. Also, i never said you were the reason the points were removed, i said it was because of people who have reacted like you did in the past. This is a true fact aswell, here at RD, if you respect the admins decisions and just get on with it you will be much more welcome than someone who always has to disagree. Seriously though, stop trying to have a personal argument as none of us here want that.

*****y

Talking about making it personal:

Obviously there were a couple of people complaining and those people are now being said not to be intelligent enough and have the attitudes(a bad one in this case) that are the reason to have the points removed.

My question is: Why did you come up with the brilliant idea of a mini championship in the first place, because points don't matter?

Personally I was disappointed as I wanted to do good in this mini CC I put in plenty of practice laps 2 weeks ago and yesterday after working from 1000am till 2230pm I still made it a priority to do some testing for a race setup so I would not make a fool of myself. I was even asked out for diner but I said no as I wanted to dedicate myself to this being a mini CC.

Thats a bit harsh, I might not agree with everthing Anthony has said and dont agree with his name calling but how is what I posted a perfect example of the "attitude" as you put it, also I have driven in quite a few club races here at RD and have come across NO one wrecking other peoples races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%