rF2 NEW! Japanese F3 Mini Championship @ Okayama - Wednesday 3rd December 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I can't make tonight's event either. I am away for work tomorrow coming back Friday and I have not finished the stuff I have to take with me. My evening is therefore now a mission to complete it.

Have fun and see you in the next round.

Without calling names here (you'll get a pm later) i have to say i am deeply shocked by the reactions here in this thread. A few people are 100 procent proving that we made the right deciscion!
Let me explain why. From the beginning of the RD Racing Club the main idea was/is to have fun, lots of fun! Gain experience, improve, making friends and have a good time togehter. See the forum description:

Daily organised non-league races for racing club members only.

Non-league means no points but racing for fun! Leagues can be organised in the league forums with GPCOS as the management system.
The only thing Andrew did was adressing a descision that we as the staff made to improve the level of driving again and have some fun instead of frustration.
But let me be very clear on this: never will i or any other staffmember allow our hardworking staff to be bashed in public forums! We are here daily working hours to provide you the best possible racing. If you cannot respect that then there is no need for you to stay part of this community that was founded to have great races with friends! Yesterday we announced the rules one more time and few people break it already before the race starts!

General rules.
  1. Mutual respect between the people using the site and forum, This means in general you don't personally attack other forum users. If there is a problem report it to the moderators, race directors or administrators.
  2. Multiple accounts are not permitted unless approved by an administrator.
  3. RaceDepartment moderators, race directors and administrators have the right to edit content posted by any user if the content is against the rules, these staff also have the rights to add warnings, or if necessary ban users.
  4. All complaints about staff or other users do not need to be published, please contact the staff by pm or email.

Without calling names here (you'll get a pm later) i have to say i am deeply shocked by the reactions here in this thread. A few people are 100 procent proving that we made the right deciscion!
Let me explain why. From the beginning of the RD Racing Club the main idea was/is to have fun, lots of fun! Gain experience, improve, making friends and have a good time togehter. See the forum description:

Daily organised non-league races for racing club members only.

Non-league means no points but racing for fun! Leagues can be organised in the league forums with GPCOS as the management system.
The only thing Andrew did was adressing a descision that we as the staff made to improve the level of driving again and have some fun instead of frustration.
But let me be very clear on this: never will i or any other staffmember allow our hardworking staff to be bashed in public forums! We are here daily working hours to provide you the best possible racing. If you cannot respect that then there is no need for you to stay part of this community that was founded to have great races with friends! Yesterday we announced the rules one more time and few people break it already before the race starts!

Amen to that. Now lets look forward to this great event, points or no points :)

Thats fair enough Bram, but its a two way thing, no where have I had a go at Andrew but I feel he has insulted me and thats no way to run a forum or racing club, I cant beleive I am writing this as after being here a few months I thought it was just about the friendliest place I have raced at with some great guys and mods, but I dont know if Andrew is having a bad day or what ?

• Andrew Evans

sigh...

Also like Nils said I have made this a priority over other wedensday night commitments I have but now I am not so sure...

Thats fair enough Bram, but its a two way thing, no where have I had a go at Andrew but I feel he has insulted me...

i put a massive amount of personal time and energy into making events for club members to take part in... for you to threaten to pull out, or to insinuate that it's not worth racing, now that there are no points on the table... well, yea i find that pretty insulting... "its a two way thing"...

a decision was made late yesterday that we rather not run points scoring mini champs in the racing club... so the timing was unfortunate... however, the response from certain members here has been entirely disproportionate....

that's the last i've really got to say on the matter in this public debate, the rest can be handled behind the scenes...

for those that stuck with it - have a good one - i've just got in from work as they closed the motorway :pissed-off: and so i'm unlikely to make it in time for the race, but i'm totally gonna try... off to eat heavy now... cheers!

Andrew has a very bright day. He has noticed that all this points addition in the racing club isn't really working out and more likely adds a threat to the driving standard. Now he has removed it and it seems he was totally right doing it, judging from the reactions in this thread. Racing Club is for clean racing, learning, sharing and most of all fun. If you wish to be in a competition at RD, join the leagues.

How removing a pointsystem from a non-league enviroment can ever even be remotely insulting I do not understand. The only insults made in this thread were pointed at Andrew and RD and made by Premium Members (!!!!). As far as I know Andrew has, in his own free (unpaid) time, set up some great events for you guys and now get **** thrown at him. Not the proper way of dealing with free services I think...

well, fine - if points is all you care about i'm not forcing you to drive... see you later... :wave: just because we have a premium club doesn't mean it's exempt from problems that affect the whole club in general....

i'd have hoped those that are complaining would have been intelligent enough to read between the lines... alas, all you can see is your precious lost numbers and, amusingly, you're providing a perfect example of the attitudes that caused us to remove them in the first place..

I think that was mainly directed at Anthony but also myself, that to me is insulting, and I think some of Andrews other remarks are immature for a mod, sure all the mods and admins will stick to gether but its not about taking sides, also for the record I think if points are involved it makes people drive safer and with more thought because more is at stake and you dont want to ruin peoples chances of a point or two, one poster insulted Andrew which was not me and the other posters who commentated on the decision are tarred with the same brush, not the RD I recognize, I wont post again on this matter.

well, fine - if points is all you care about i'm not forcing you to drive... see you later... :wave: just because we have a premium club doesn't mean it's exempt from problems that affect the whole club in general....

i'd have hoped those that are complaining would have been intelligent enough to read between the lines... alas, all you can see is your precious lost numbers and, amusingly, you're providing a perfect example of the attitudes that caused us to remove them in the first place...[/quote]

I think that was mainly directed at Anthony but also myself, that to me is insulting, and I think some of Andrews other remarks are immature for a mod, sure all the mods and admins will stick to gether but its not about taking sides, also for the record I think if points are involved it makes people drive safer and with more thought because more is at stake and you dont want to ruin peoples chances of a point or two, one poster insulted Andrew which was not me and the other posters who commentated on the decision are tarred with the same brush, not the RD I recognize, I wont post again on this matter.
Not the guys at the front though.
I think we should just let it go anyway.

Got a disco 10laps into race 1 got another disco just at the end of warmup for race 2

Qualified 3rd on both occasion with a 26.4 and a 26.3 both being new PBs. That was the highlight of the evening...

...now I need ot figure out a way to get rid of the contract with my isp only have it for 3 or 4 months. Need to ditch the adsl and get cable because obviously the adsl is not working:

Allready 37 connections this month

Good race 1 with a nice battle with Ben at the end.

Race 2 i was having a great battle with Gary and Toni, but then i randomly disconnected from the server so that put an end to it.

what an awsome event!!!!!!
race 1. Gary made mistake so could have taken that but i hit wall so end of race
race 2. again Gary kept pace, trying to catch up but distance was 4-5 secs whole time.
flat out, every lap on limit. what can i say...AWSOME!!!

also, nice starts! formation laps! all! smooth run guys, thank you all very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back