New iRacing Imola Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing.com have revealed a new showcase video for the upcoming Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari laserscanned circuit in Italy.

The circuit is perhaps better known as Imola and is the former home of the San Marino Grand Prix up until 2006. Now host to a number of top level car and bike racing events and retaining a licence to run Formula One level competition, Imola is a popular circuit that offers an enjoyable driving experience and often provides close and entertaining races.

iRacing.com first announced an agreement to bring Imola to their simulator all the way back in December 2013, however development on the release has been slower than expected. With a release now proposed for June 2016, iRacing.com have taken the opportunity to wet the appetite of fans by releasing a nicely put together showcase video of the digital recreation of the circuit.

iRacing Imola .jpg

Take a look at the RaceDepartment iRacing forum for user created setups, latest news and of course all the top discussions around this popular online racing simulator.

Looking forward to Imola? Will you be purchasing the track on release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
For me NO is no as other title has disappointed me more than iRacing. It just doesn't live up to the hype.

If all you own is iRacing then yes.. .as it is one of the best track layouts out there.

I thought the video was very interesting as it gave us a bit of history surrounding the track and you could tell they had put a great deal of effort into the production of it all.

As a confirmed iRacing addict I will be buying this even if it means I have to hunt out a series to race on it.

Jason.

No clue why they removed some of the most interesting chicanes of Imola.
Acque Minerali and Variante Bassa were for me the most exciting parts of the track.
Adding something inbetween S/F and Tosa makes the curcuit more interesting to drive (although i still think having only Villeneuve would fit it better) but removing the two chicanes ... why?

Has nothing to do with the iRacing version, but hey, it's Imola :D

No clue why they removed some of the most interesting chicanes of Imola.
Acque Minerali and Variante Bassa were for me the most exciting parts of the track.
Adding something inbetween S/F and Tosa makes the curcuit more interesting to drive (although i still think having only Villeneuve would fit it better) but removing the two chicanes ... why?

Has nothing to do with the iRacing version, but hey, it's Imola :D

But ain't this mod include old and new layout, see 2:40, there's Tamburello with chicanes, so this is perfect version, can't wait to hit Tamburello wall with F1 Williams...must test how bad it hurts...joke.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back