New G27 settings after update..

I haven't seen this discussed yet but has anyone made any changes to their g27 setups with the latest update?Since i started from scratch, I still cant get this thing to feel "right".. I got rid of the side to side swaying by un-ticking centering spring strength but something is still off. Would anyone mind sharing their latest g27 setups? Has anyone tried playing with the 3 new ffb settings? What are your experiences? Im finding it a little hard to recover from the rear wheels losing grip due to a slight floaty feeling. (which ive seen mentioned in other posts)

Last edited:
not sure if its placebo or not but it feels pretty good already.
I can confirm it does... and it does a lot actually!!
Now I just need to understand which are the parts that are missing from the old gtr2 .rcs file.
It's tough cause there are newer codes in the R3E file and they're mixed up with the "old ones"...

Yah after some more playing around, it definitely feels better. I copied over the parameters from my race 07 .rcs to my current "controller".rcs file and changed all of the neg numbers from 0.5 to 1.0 like the r3e parameters and to me it feels great.

Hey Guys.
Sorry bit I am a little stupid with this stuff. I have a G27. I did try to do this as best I can. I copied and changed everything as said from race07 to R3E, but in R3E everything stays the same. My controller and settings. I did a lap with the RUF GT2 and I improved my time by .7 seconds, to a 2:02.6 around Bathurst. But it all feels the same to me. Is anyone keen on making a YouTube video so I can see what I did wrong. Also I can create a new profile after the whole copy paste thing I just did. I opened the RCS files in word, is there any other program in which I can open this program, or is word correct?

Sorry for the trouble.
Ant

image.jpg

Hey Guys.
Sorry bit I am a little stupid with this stuff. I have a G27. I did try to do this as best I can. I copied and I opened the RCS files in word, is there any other program in which I can open this program, or is word correct?

Sorry for the trouble.
Ant

LOL (sorry buddy but I hate you man and you know why LOL)

Edit: forget that, I just checked your position 10 and know I see your time and notice that it's different LeaderBoard, thank God. So I changed my mind and now I like you so much, please keep that speed and I like you more and more...thanks!

Br
WinMerge

Last edited:
Warning, read carefully, my english is what it is, so much information in one message...

Ok, the best way to set wheel params to Race07 level is to compare files and set all values manually with compare tool, Axis and FFB values added different way so check those carefully, you may have default values but I didn't and those values makes the biggest difference in this case. Off course FFB setting are important so use the same values as you used with Race07.

So I found something new. The game keeps all changes if there's not new parameters, but if ReadOnly setted to 1 and then you change this file from the Game so the Game will create new file and that new file's ReadOnly setted to 0 by the Game.
G27NewFile.jpg

readonly_setted_to_zero_by_Game.jpg

That's not a problem if there's no new parameters but notice that after that you should edit that new file but not the old one...this "simulator" support only one wheel settings and only one car setup and that's not good for us sim racers, in Race07 you can have as many settings you want.

Anyway, the biggest difference between my Race07 and R3E setting where following Coefficient values and all those (1-7, 14 lines). Also notice that R3E support only one controller and that's why so many Race07 parameters "missing" :)

R3E Before:
FFB Joy[00] Axis[00] Spring Coefficient Pos="1.0" // DirectInput Coefficient to use for spring
FFB Joy[00] Axis[00] Spring Coefficient Neg="1.0" // DirectInput Coefficient to use for spring

R3E After:
FFB Joy[00] Axis[00] Spring Coefficient Pos="0.0" // DirectInput Coefficient to use for spring
FFB Joy[00] Axis[00] Spring Coefficient Neg="0.0" // DirectInput Coefficient to use for spring

So set ALL those Coefficient values to zero and start with that (note that 14 lines includes these settings), also change all Axis and FFB values as you usually have in Race07 because you may not changed all these values from the game and that's why wheel still feels strange.

Hope this helps you, I wont share my file as it's made for fast driving and you may not like it's light FFB settings, you should create your own file, most of my settings released few days ago, that file not include all values I have atm. I still continue to find perfect wheel setup but with this I can drive really fast and I'm one of the fastest driver with this so settings not so bad atm :)

BUT, IF YOU LOOKING FORWARD A REAL SIMULATOR SO THIS R3E IS NOT THAT, CHECK RACE07/GTReVOLUTION AND GTR2 AND FOUND DIFFERENCEs. AT FIRST RACEROOM CREATED TO PORT FOR FREE WAY TO GET TO KNOW WHAT IS SIM RACING, THEN SECTOR 3 STUDIO "CREATED" THIS NEW VERSION AND NOW CALL IT AS FULL "SIMULATOR", THAT'S A LITTLE BIT FUNNY BECAUSE NOT ALL RACE07 FEATURES ADDED TO THIS. SO THIS R3E SHOULD BE MUCH BETTER THAN GTR EVOLUTION BUT ATM THERE'S NOT ALL THOSE FEATURES YOU CAN FIND FROM GTR EVOLUTION AND THAT'S WHY I'M NOT TAKE THIS GAME SO SERIOUSLY. I TAKE SERIOUSLY ONLY THOSE LEADERBOARDS, ONLY THING MATTERS IS HOW FAST YOU CAN DRIVE SO EVEN IF YOU HATE THE WHEEL SETTINGS SO YOU SHOULD BEAT ME AT FIRST, IT'S THE SAME SIM FOR ALL OF US, THIS IS RACING!!!

I think that's all about this, hope you also find good setup, it's possible so let's do it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back