New features coming to Content Manager

it means, you have to update CustomShadersPatch, simplest and best here:
cm_switch_patch_versions.jpg

Agree, content manager and custom shader patch are becoming a little hard to keep on top of in recent months, and at times, I struggle as well. It's really worth digging into though, the benefits are huge.
CM+CSP+SOL are a revelation for Assetto Corsa.
The new CSP features may be taxiing for all but the best of current generation GPU chipsets, but will pay off big time in the near future.
I've been following the development of Assetto Corsa very closely since early access, and from my understanding, a second AC with the same broad selection of cars, focus on authenticity, attention to realism, and moddability (is that even a word?) might just not happen again. (hope I'm wrong though;))
Without wanting to sound like the middleaged man with the raised index finger:
Everyone who likes the development of CM and CSP and SOL to be continued (cause these assets bring us as close to an imaginary AC2 as it will ever be), should seriously consider to make a small donation to the developers.:)

Please also remember that a lot of CM/shader patch features are still in beta and undergoing constant refinement. It grinds my gears a little when I see people on the Discords moaning about things not working properly in development releases. It's the same with Sol and people being indignant about clearly-labelled beta test versions. Cut the devs some slack, FFS.

Last edited:
well im more then happy with it, it looks so much better as the standard stuff, so people should be happy about it, or else delete the game and go play tetris. And also if you have a cheap or slow pc dont moan or buy a new graphics card, where can i donate to you and the team behind it ?

as close to an imaginary AC2 as it will ever be

From my point of view, with all the add on, CM, patch, sol, etc.... we are already way past what we could ever hope to get from kunos as a AC2. we have now ACxxx.
ACC, is more a step backward than forward, once you take away the changing weather/rain in ACC, everything else, particularly in VR is less than what we have in modified AC.
AC was good, AC modded is just amazing. nothing can touch it today and I would bet money, in light of what is already there and what is coming, that AC modded will stay out of reach for a long time.:D

From my point of view, with all the add on, CM, patch, sol, etc.... we are already way past what we could ever hope to get from kunos as a AC2. we have now ACxxx.
ACC, is more a step backward than forward, once you take away the changing weather/rain in ACC, everything else, particularly in VR is less than what we have in modified AC.
AC was good, AC modded is just amazing. nothing can touch it today and I would bet money, in light of what is already there and what is coming, that AC modded will stay out of reach for a long time.:D

If only the AI would be better…

@Cote Dazur
Well, AC is a much more complete game, and the moddability is beyond awesome, while ACC is only simulating the GT3 cars, and focuses on multiplayer, so for me is not that attractive. Also it can not be modded. So it might be a step backwards when we are talking features, but imo, almost everything ACC does, it does miles better then AC, there should be no doubt about that. I do not drive it much, actually not at all during the recent months, but FFB, physics (specially dampers), how rain and aquaplaning is implemented, the sounds in the cars, thats all just next gen compared to AC. Kunos have done an amazing job with ACC, but the game is not for the same broad audience.
For me the keypoint is, that by now a vanilla AC would be quite dull, but with CM, CSP, and SOL it still rocks and looks splendid. And that is before we even begin to talk mods.:)

almost everything ACC does, it does miles better then AC
ACC does not do much, BlancPain series, so about 17 GT3 cars on about 10 tracks,
The sound of the gt3 in ACC is very good, not miles better than AC, specially with all the sound mods available.
ACC FFB as it pertain to gt3 is very good, not miles better than AC, I prefer driving in AC myself.
Physic, again as far as blancpain series GT3 car goes, is probably as good as it gets, but again, I prefer driving AC GT3's and a lot of other cars are much more interesting to drive than GT3's.
I will give you rain and weather, the only reason for me to drive ACC at this time, but that is it, everything else either is not even there in ACC or it is either as good or worst.
AC, with the mods, as everything, probably more than all the other SIM combined and still great FFB and physic.
Anything you can think off that exist in any SIM is there with any cars and any track, organised the way you want, your imagination is the only limit in AC.
ACC is a one trick pony that (still) has a lot of issues, AC has it all, not fair for ACC, I know.
Sadly, even when ACC will have everything working, it will still be a one trick pony. :(
Don't get me wrong though, I like ACC, for what it is, I am glad I have it, I am glad it exist, I enjoy driving it, it is my second most used SIM, you know after which,;).
One features the mod added to AC that is so nice in VR and completely absent from the others (except LFS), "real mirror".
In 2019, a sim without real mirrors is so 90's.:p

How much of the physics updates on this page https://trello.com/c/h5CVESir/53-information-how-to-use-enable are included in the latest shaders patch (0.1.25-preview185, id 766)? I'm asking because at least the setup geometry setup.ini stuff is not working. Also on 3 link rear axle the TORQUE_MODE_EX=2 seems to totally make the car undrivable by removing all grip from the rear when the car is decelerating. I don't see any place in cm to turn this stuff on or off either.

I agree with you on this fully. I have pretty much all the currently available sims and I keep coming back to AC. It is just so nice with all the upgrades, looks super beautiful in VR (with real mirrors and all) and runs smoothly. I do like the ACC FFB feel, but I have no issue with AC either.

My simplistic and boring g4560/1050ti setup loves AC. I do run content manager but will not be chasing SSAO and can't stand motion blur. Have tried most available PP filters but these days I just turn PP off everything looks so damn good and clear. Guys with lower gpus should give these settings a test.
Screenshot (6).png

How much of the physics updates on this page https://trello.com/c/h5CVESir/53-information-how-to-use-enable are included in the latest shaders patch (0.1.25-preview185, id 766)? I'm asking because at least the setup geometry setup.ini stuff is not working. Also on 3 link rear axle the TORQUE_MODE_EX=2 seems to totally make the car undrivable by removing all grip from the rear when the car is decelerating. I don't see any place in cm to turn this stuff on or off either.
Geometry changes work but I'm not sure they work fully (it works in-game and changes the suspension app suspension rendering, but possibly not the internal physics one).

Surprised that torque mode would be broken for axles (and actually that it even does anything for them). Please post wheel loads using ex=0 and ex=2.

And there's no place to turn it on/off in CM because it's done per-car. If there was a CM option, you could pretty easily cheat online.

Geometry changes work but I'm not sure they work fully (it works in-game and changes the suspension app suspension rendering, but possibly not the internal physics one).

Surprised that torque mode would be broken for axles (and actually that it even does anything for them). Please post wheel loads using ex=0 and ex=2.

And there's no place to turn it on/off in CM because it's done per-car. If there was a CM option, you could pretty easily cheat online.
I can get you wheel loads when I play ac next time but it is faster if you just add the ex2 if you have any solid axle cars and test it quickly yourself :).

Please post wheel loads using ex=0 and ex=2.
Sorry I forgot to post the plots. So here are some plots and info. Rear wheel drive, 800hp, diff that is locked on power, open on coast with 40nm preload. I did 2 tests and below are wheel loads, dy values and acceleration data for eacg. Results are repeatable so it does the same thing every time (keyboard driving). I have taken liberty to use green line to mark the moment in the graph where the experiments begins. As the car spins on ex2 on coast test and on ex0 on burnout test the latter parts of the graphs are not comparable.

First test is to accelerate to redline at 3rd gear and then lift throttle, wait like 2 seconds and turn to left and then release steering maybe 1-2 seconds later. With ex0 you get understeer and then it straightens out. With dx2 it understeers and then spins as the front regain grip. Can't get it to spin on ex0.
coast.png

Second test was burnout. I was trying to go through the telemetry graphs to see if there are any graphs that look different for ex0 and ex2 but there are not. So in this test I rev then engine to redline and drop it into first gear. With ex0 the car does a burnout and spins and with ex2 the car does burnout, accelerates and wanders a bit but doesn't spin.
burnout.png

Physics of the car are very wip but there is clear difference with ex0 and ex2.

Okay thanks, that's indeed broken. I'll limit the new modified EX=2 to work only with DWB. Can you please do the same test on an older version of the patch? (pre 183)
It has been like that at least since march when I last messed with it. At least I remember version 140 was like this I think. Datas probably looked exactly same. The behaviour feels identical to what it was back then.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%