rF2 New BTCC Content @ Croft & Thruxton - Fri 11 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys i need some help. I cant connect ... i get the following error Massage

An error occurred
Error trying to install the mod. Try Manuel Installation. Please try returning to the Main menu, or restarting the game.

Guys i need some help. I cant connect ... i get the following error Massage

An error occurred
Error trying to install the mod. Try Manuel Installation. Please try returning to the Main menu, or restarting the game.
There was a hotfix this week, my steam didn't update it automatically, had to verify files to trigger the download

Rf2 is downloading an Update, still 0.9gb to go, looks i won't make in time as the dl speed is around 500Kb/s....

Last edited:
Very up and down evening that was. Had good pace at Croft, car felt great, big gap to the rest in practice. Game first freezed in quali, strated and checked fuel, seemed like the right setup but had medium tyres on. Struggled to get a lap in und when I realized the setup was wrong it was too late. Start at the back was good, ended up in P5 or so soon with some battling back and forth, trying to keep the tyres alive. Was right behind Roy when he hit the tyres in first chicane and had some damage after that. Found some rythm after all that and ended up in P3, should probably be happy about that.
Thruxton was much better, got a decent lap in in quali, had a nice start and could keep Jan behind. Big shou out for letting me by again after the divebomb, fair play mate :thumbsup: Good fun battle that was, whenever I had a bit of a gap I made small mistakes and you closed up immediately. Absolutely on the limit every lap, great stuff.

Tbh, I battled even participating tonight as the update took f..... ages and the BMW requires practice to even drive at a decent rate. I even tried the Infiniti to see if that was more planted, but it wasnt. It wasnt until after I made some crucial setup changes that the car and me started to gel. I could see Michael being quite a bit faster than everyone else after doing something like a gazillion laps and I was a 0, not yet completing a lap after spinning left, right and center, while also locking up in every corner. I swear, the car REALLY needs a BB update, regardless of it being realistic or not. And a much better default setup.

Anyway, after getting the car to my semi-liking, I set off doing decent laps. For some reason (at the time) Michael didnt set a laptime (read above for why) which made my life a lot easier. I nearly jumped the start and then ballsed up the getaway which allowed Steve through. After harassing him for a few laps, I almost think he let me by, at least thats what it felt. After that it was just a case of keeping it one track and keeping the LF alive.

Race 2 and somehow I missed us doing both Croft AND Thruxton, SO, no practice at Thruxton...at all. Thankfully Ole gave us 15 minutes to practice in and for me to learn the track. Slowly, and after a few small setup changes, I began to get a feeling for the track, putting it 3rd on the grid which I was well chuffed with. Aces the start this time and got by Steve for 2nd. Started a mammoth battle with Michael immidiately after that lasted the entire race, only mishap with the, admittedly textbook open-lobby, divebomb in the beginning where I missed the braking point quite a bit, locked up, dived right to miss Michael, sverwed left and right but still made the corner and the pass lol. Knew immidiately it wasnt in the spirit of club racing to pass like that (and judging from Michaels flashing behind he agreed with that assessment) and let him by a few moments later. ALMOST lost 2nd to Steve, but managed to keep it which was vital.
The rest of the race was spent scraping Michael bumper throughout the race, I just couldnt find a way past. Grats Michael, well held under pressure :)

dived right to miss Michael, sverwed left and right but still made the corner and the pass lol. Knew immidiately it wasnt in the spirit of club racing to pass like that (and judging from Michaels flashing behind he agreed with that assessment)
Lol yea I couldn't resist flashing, now that it's actually a feature :D
Great save though, looked pretty scary in the replay.

Speaking of replay, anyone else has the issue that custom liveries are not loading in the replay? Saw them all doring the race but the replay doesn't show them except for Magnus. Pretty sure that worked before the update.

Nice raceday, glad i made it in time for race one. Thanks to Ole and every one for two nice races. Both tracks are great and the feel for the car got better with every lap. But setup wise i think i have to learn a lot and that there is room for improvements.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%