rF2 New BTCC Content @ Croft & Thruxton - Fri 11 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Has anyone else found the tyres to be useless on these cars? i did three laps of Croft in the Toyota and the fronts were down to 62% wear. How am I ever going to do a race like that?

Has anyone else found the tyres to be useless on these cars? i did three laps of Croft in the Toyota and the fronts were down to 62% wear. How am I ever going to do a race like that?
Did you use softs? The hards are a bit better (and enforced at Thruxton anyway). I struggle more with the brakes, it feels like slowing down a truck and are super easy to lock up.

Did some laps on the server yesterday with the Focus, can't say i like the BTCC front drive cars. It feels strange, very difficult steering and not much feel on braking and turn in. I did some tweaks to the base setup, makes it a bit better but just still feels unconnected and the rear got loose.
Has someone a good base setup maybe?

Did some laps on the server yesterday with the Focus, can't say i like the BTCC front drive cars. It feels strange, very difficult steering and not much feel on braking and turn in. I did some tweaks to the base setup, makes it a bit better but just still feels unconnected and the rear got loose.
Has someone a good base setup maybe?
I can send you one for the BMW if you wanna try that car. For the FWDs I only have one for the Hyundai from Silverstone but that was done before the physics update with this build so it might be completely useless. Will probably be on the server tonight (around 8pm) if you want to join

With the new tyre model, do we still have to run at minimum tyre pressures for crazy grip, or have they finally patched that yet? I feel like raising the pressures would sort out a bunch of the tyre wear and temp issues, but if it is like 3s a lap slower then why bother?

I can send you one for the BMW if you wanna try that car. For the FWDs I only have one for the Hyundai from Silverstone but that was done before the physics update with this build so it might be completely useless. Will probably be on the server tonight (around 8pm) if you want to join
Have to test the rearwheel driven cars yet, but my 1st plan was to stick with the frontend cars. ;) So thanks, maybe i come back to your offer if the frontends stay mäh.

I had a driveable setup for the toyota at brandshatch, but this does not work anymore.:(

With the new tyre model, do we still have to run at minimum tyre pressures for crazy grip, or have they finally patched that yet? I feel like raising the pressures would sort out a bunch of the tyre wear and temp issues, but if it is like 3s a lap slower then why bother?
I don’t think the tyre pressure thing has changed unfortunately. It’s just very slippery when tyres are cold so first lap needs extra care.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%