Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

Thanks for the tip. Really fun to drive. The bus stop after main straight though is very annoying.

I don't remember any bus stop in this track :D

This being said I actually like bus stops. The old SPA bus stop, Mid Ohio bus stop, Watkins Glen layout with bus stop. I like bus stop in New Zealands Highlands circuit. I wish there was also a version for old full Monza with bus stops that was used in late sixties because otherwise everyone would have died if they went into bankings at full speed.

Track day had some cones to indicate it but the normal layout not. Cones appeared also in surprising places along the track on trackday leading to penalties when driven through them. Also AI had difficulties navigating the bus stop (after start).

Of course normal layout doesn't have any cones there, because it is different layout and it is not supposed to have those two chicanes that are in track day layout.

Of course you are going to get get penalties for cutting through the cones, you make it sound like it is issue to you.

The trackday layout is just not meant to be used for AI, I probably never made any AI for it. I only did that layout because some people asked for it.

Hey there! I really appreciate your work and would love to run an official RD GT3 event at this track some time. However, the tyre chicane basically makes it a no go for that class.

I'm willing to pay out of my own pocket for a "GT" version which is simply the fast lap layout with no chicane, if you're willing, of course. Just let me know :)

Hello, currently I am quite busy and don't have time. But I should be able to see what I could do by the end of month maybe. I hope it wouldn't be too late. I also don't think it would be worth money just to take away the chicane (or lets say just removing cut penalties). Although redoing AI would be a bit annoying to me, but perhaps you wouldn't need that.

P.S. Why chicane is bad for GT3 class ? I know though that race starts are slightly weird with it (in physical life they don't use chicane at start), but in my opinion it makes the lap, puts an exclamation mark on each lap and puts little bit more time on something that would perhaps be sub-minute lap with GT3.

P.P.S I haven't been using any of the shadders packs or any core graphical mods for AC, I wonder how badly my content looks with those now that they are very popular.

Hello, currently I am quite busy and don't have time. But I should be able to see what I could do by the end of month maybe. I hope it wouldn't be too late. I also don't think it would be worth money just to take away the chicane (or lets say just removing cut penalties). Although redoing AI would be a bit annoying to me, but perhaps you wouldn't need that.

Thank you! Of course I respect that you are busy -- I appreciate you considering the proposal and I'm still more than happy to contribute. Redoing AI wouldn't be needed, at least from my perspective. :)

P.S. Why chicane is bad for GT3 class ? I know though that race starts are slightly weird with it (in physical life they don't use chicane at start), but in my opinion it makes the lap, puts an exclamation mark on each lap and puts little bit more time on something that would perhaps be sub-minute lap with GT3.

Hmm, in GT3 cars there's really not many overtaking opportunities here. The chicane reduces overtaking opportunities even more since you have to go single file and lose the momentum, whereas skipping the chicane allows carrying the speed and provides an overtaking opportunity on the track if you can get the final sector nailed. In my opinion it turns the track itself from good to great for GT-class racing, since otherwise the track biases heavily towards whichever car happens to have the right chassis to navigate the chicane the best.

I agree the chicane makes sense for slower car classes, though :)

Last edited:
Still waiting :D
Nah. It won't happen. I am not that interested in AC anymore. I am interested in rF2, but it has it's own problems that prevents me from smoothly progressing with my creations. I would like to make it, but IDK when and where. Maybe it will be rF2 some day. Maybe it will be entirely different sim. Perhaps someone else will make whole new mod before I make anything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back