Need help getting controls in DR to work again!

Norseman

75RPM
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with a problem I'm having with Dirt Rally. I have OSW SimuCube wheel & Fanatec pedals that I was able to get working once I did as suggested in the Codemasters forum post HERE, it all worked great! But now, after adding a VR headset, I was having graphics stutter issues (due to my OSW SimuCube firmware I think) so I started testing different things out in the controller files and its now all messed up somehow... For some reason, now when I try going into the "Control Presets", I don't see "Direct Input Device". I only see Keyboard (azerty) and Keyboard as the 2 options. So I can't even get any controls set now, even after doing a complete un-install & re-install...

FYI, I'm asking this here because in the Codemasters forums no one seems to respond, not even the Codemasters people!

Thank you in advance,

Jack

Norseman

75RPM
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Nevermind, I figured out the one other thing you must do when doing a complete reinstall of the game, in order to solve a controller issue like I was having... It looks like when you have the cloud sync option on, it will put all your previous settings. Once I turned that off and then did a fresh install I was able to access the optional control presets and then activate my wheel & pedals.

Now, if I can just figure out why I'm still getting stutter in VR (maybe SimuCube?),I'll be a happy sim racer!

Norseman

75RPM
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Have you check out that your framerate is above 90 fps all the time?
Actually Elaphe, I made a discovery yesterday that made all the difference in the world... I had mistakenly turned off vsync, and once I turned it back on I'm getting a straight 90fps. Now today I'm turning back up the graphics settings to get it looking pretty again!